• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its 2009, whos the king of new york?

i always liked nas better, but i think its obvious that jay is the king

whats your thoughts?

the throne has been vacant after 97...

the age of kings is long gone, there is no longer a king of new york, there are regents tho.

i dont value money nor charts and sales so i still would say nas.

rakim didnt die yet also.

Comment

Just like Kurupt said theres no king of new york and just as b said its vacant.Who is close to the throne or down the runway gotta be NaS,Jay-Z on a worldwide level there known and hell maybe Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Slick Rick,Etc. those too only if they reached a worldwide level then they could be called King Of NY but if u say the 3 I just mentioned some might think that's ludicrous as they not known on a level like Jay-Z or NaS.

The latter two might be mentioned alot when it comes to the whole King Of NY Debacle.As It would come to ease to say them as they are known it would be harder to get people to agree outside the rap world that Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Slick Rick,Etc. those type of rappers are kings.
      Last edited by Macello; 09-19-2009, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPG92© View Post
        Just like Kurupt said theres no king of new york and just as b said its vacant.Who is close to the throne or down the runway gotta be NaS,Jay-Z on a worldwide level there known and hell maybe Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Slick Rick,Etc. those too only if they reached a worldwide level then they could be called King Of NY but if u say the 3 I just mentioned some might think that's ludicrous as they not known on a level like Jay-Z or NaS.

The latter two might be mentioned alot when it comes to the whole King Of NY Debacle.As It would come to ease to say them as they are known it would be harder to get people to agree outside the rap world that Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Slick Rick,Etc. those type of rappers are kings.
        nah i gotta disagree rakim, rick, and kane they all get their props they are PIONEERS but as much as it sucks to say it aint any one of the 3 relevant in 2009 them cats r old school.. does it mean they suck? fuck no it just means theyve had their shine and they have their respect as founders of the game... but theyre no longer active... more like retired.. they still do lil projects here n there but they are not active like in their prime..
        and i aint too sure who you meant out of the 5 of them that wasnt world wide but i can assure u all 5 artists u mentioned ARE worldwide b.d.k and rakim bieng some of the first rappers to EVER tour internationally and have international record sales.. like i said they pioneered the game itself...

but as far as the king of NY for NOW its gotta be Jay Z 11 #1 records all certified platinum or better.. for christ sake dude is breakin records set by elvis! if that dont prove his relevance and dominance in itself then YOU ARE kidding yourself... and people are gonna say it aint about numbers and blah blah blah and i say cool go strictly off his material and past record.. no one can deny jay is a trendsetter.. and a trend killer as of lately.. everytime dude comes out hes changing hip hop.. be it aviators, throwbacks, gettin rid of auto tune, even right now hes pioneering "grown man hip hop" dudes a force to be rekoned with just on a marketing and following basis... and even further more dude has some of the sickest lines ever spit in a booth...

for all them reasons and plenty more Jay is the king of NY atleast... if not the fuckin king of hip hop as a whole.. my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Dirty View Post
          nah i gotta disagree rakim, rick, and kane they all get their props they are PIONEERS but as much as it sucks to say it aint any one of the 3 relevant in 2009 them cats r old school.. does it mean they suck? fuck no it just means theyve had their shine and they have their respect as founders of the game... but theyre no longer active... more like retired.. they still do lil projects here n there but they are not active like in their prime..
          and i aint too sure who you meant out of the 5 of them that wasnt world wide but i can assure u all 5 artists u mentioned ARE worldwide b.d.k and rakim bieng some of the first rappers to EVER tour internationally and have international record sales.. like i said they pioneered the game itself...
          Well yeah I get what u saying but I mentioned them as B mentioned Rakim Aint dead yet.They stuff is still hot and will forever be hot and Im not saying they're aren't worldwide I must have made a mistake.But they arent on a national level today like Jay-z or A Nas and In terms of being a Relevant to todays generation.But I had to mention them its like With Biggie dude aint around anymore but could still be called the king of ny that type of deal was what I was trying to accomplish with mentioning them as being King's Of NY.I Like TO POST ON HERE A LOT lol sorry had to do that ATM.Agree with the rest of ya post BTW.
          Last edited by Macello; 09-19-2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

"Nasty Nas Iz Tha Rebel 2 Amerika"

Comment

J.I.G.G.A.

Comment

Of any New York rapper I would probably have to say Nas.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Dirty View Post

but as far as the king of NY for NOW its gotta be Jay Z 11 #1 records all certified platinum or better.. for christ sake dude is breakin records set by elvis! if that dont prove his relevance and dominance in itself then YOU ARE kidding yourself... and people are gonna say it aint about numbers and blah blah blah and i say cool go strictly off his material and past record.. no one can deny jay is a trendsetter.. and a trend killer as of lately.. everytime dude comes out hes changing hip hop.. be it aviators, throwbacks, gettin rid of auto tune, even right now hes pioneering "grown man hip hop" dudes a force to be rekoned with just on a marketing and following basis... and even further more dude has some of the sickest lines ever spit in a booth...

for all them reasons and plenty more Jay is the king of NY atleast... if not the fuckin king of hip hop as a whole.. my 2 cents

I'd like to say that you hit this on the nail.

Comment

there is no king of NY
                    there is no king of any side

i used to like Nas but he lost in my eyes for that he left his pregnant wife

Comment

nas >>>>> jay-z and others

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X