REVIEW: Nas - untitled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEW: Nas - untitled

Set for release on July 15th, the album leaked early, now it’s time to review 1 of the most talked about albums of the year…

Queens Get The Money

Produced by Jay Electronica, the beat is bland, Nas takes some shots at Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, i was expecting him to speak on the album title controversy, why he choose the topic, maybe afews shots at Team Sharpton

You Can’t Stop Us Now

RZA used the same sample for his single “You Can’t Stop Me Now”, off of his new album Digi Snacks
    Featuring Eban Thomas of The Stylistics & The Last Poets, Nas speaks about the people who try to demonize African-Americans/Hip Hop

Breathe

This feels like “Play On Playa Part II” minus Snoop, skippable track

Make The World Go Round

Featuring Chris Brown on the hook & The Game (who also co-produced the track with Cool & Dre), weak track, skippable track

Hero

Quality beat produced by Polow Da Don, Nas rips it with the last verse, hopefully this single will have an Official Video

America

Nas speaks on America’s History, racism, lack of Black role models in specific industries, it’s continuing savagery

Sly Fox

Produced by Stic.man of Dead Prez, Nas disses FOX News, labels it visual cancer

Testify

Nasir asks for our support, you may buy his music but do you support his struggle?

N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave And The Master)

Produced by DJ Toomp, Nas speaks his surroundings growing up, the come up in life/the game & the need for loyalty/family

Louis Farrakhan

Nas speaks from the perspective of a Revolutionary, “then they’ll use 1 of my lines to prove am guilty”

Fried Chicken

Great concept song, featuring Busta Rhymes, fire beat produced by Mark Ronson

Project Roach

Featuring The Last Poets, who diss the Sharpton Teams decision to have a Funeral for the N-Word, Nas raps from the persepective of a roach, yes a roach for a verse (Nas tries to personifies the insect as a metaphor for the derogatory term) then The Last Poets ascert that “Niggas are like roaches, they’re never gonna go away, learn from them what we should not become, cause Niggas don’t die (echo)…”

Ya’ll My Niggas

Nas speaks on the N-Word controversy, how the word has evolved from a word full of hate to a word of camaraderie within the African-American Youth

We’re Not Alone

Hip Hop Cops, UFOs, secret militart bases, conspiracy theories, you name it, we’re not alone

Black President

Produced by DJ Green Lantern, sampling Tupac, Nasir speaks on Obama Mania, will he keep it real or sell his soul to Corporate America?

CONCLUSION
    Commercially, Tha Carter III, is the most talked about album of the year but to Hip Hop Heads, when a Nas album is close to release, it is like fiends looking for their next hit of crack.

Since late 2007, the hype for this album has grown due to Nas wanting to name it “******”, some tracks were “leaked” around April/May which further helped build the buzz, Hero/The ****** Tape kept the fiends happy
    Nas said he wanted to start a debate by naming the album “******”, but even though he was forced to change it due to 3rd party interference (White House, Walmart etc), he said the topic remains the same
    Untitled showcases some vintage Nas music, Hero, although it has a commercial sound, Nas rips the last verse
    Sly Fox showscases Nas shooting some lyrical bullets at the FOX News Network, while Fried Chicken see’s Nas & Busta using the piece of food as a metaphor, while You Can’t Stop Us Now, see’s Nas defending the position of Hip Hop
    On Black President, Nas discusses the 2008 Presidential Election, Barack’s chances, the hype/anger about a Black President
    Although there are some quality tracks, Untitled isn’t short of tracks which lack quality, Make The World Go Around being the track which Nasir goes Pop seemingly forgetting about the topic he wishes to discuss (RE: the previous album title) while the intro track, Queens Get The Money, lacks the early punches of the debate, he forgets about the topic instead taking some shots at friend turned foe Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson
    Although there are some bumps along the road, Untitled keeps the fiends happy but some will be dismayed that he let the gangster talk creep in on an album that seemed to be steered down the Political route, although not a CLASSIC, Untitled is still worth a thorough listen
    Stand-Out Tracks: Hero, Sly Fox, Fried Chicken, Black President
    Weaks Tracks: Queens Get The Money, Breathe, Make The World Go Around

aypdoggie.com

what did you think of it though? how you like it.

Comment

^^beats are aight, lyrics could've been better, i mean c'mon this is nas, some songs sound rushed. i still think illmatic and stillmatic was his best work.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X