Nas Shaky About Next Solo LP, "This Is A Record That I'm Scared Of Making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas Shaky About Next Solo LP, "This Is A Record That I'm Scared Of Making

Grammy-nominated rapper Nas recently spoke on the status of his upcoming solo album and said he was "scared" to discuss certain topics in light of his publicized child support case and relationship with estranged wife, Kelis.

According to "God's Son," the rapper is having issues balancing out his personal and publicized life in the music.

"This is a record that, right now, I'm scared of making," Nas said of the album. "I don't know what's gonna happen, as far as I don't know what I'm gonna say. I feel like I've put so much of my personal life out there, and I feel like I'm one of the sort of guys you don't really hear about [though] paparazzi or fan magazines all the time. But I just feel like my life is so much out there [now] that it's kind of like -- man, I don't even know how to put into words how I feel about putting this record together. I'm a little nervous, to tell you the truth. That's all I can say." (MTV)
    Nas announced plans to release his tenth solo album last July and hinted at what fans could expect from its overall sound and content.

"It's funny, drama is something that definitely kicks a fire underneath artists," he said in an interview. "But I try not to make that my focus. I'm trying to have peace and love. My sh*t right now is age-appropriate for myself. I love everything, most of the things that are going on musically. But my music will talk about what I see, how I see it, and it should be interesting. My last things were about what I felt about hip-hop and what I felt about race matters. This new thing will be a natural thing. I have a few things that I feel like doing, but who knows what it will be." (Billboard)
    He is also working on the collaboration project Distinct Relatives alongside Damian Marley.

"I liked his music and what he does," Nas explained in an interview last month. "The feeling was mutual. So we started working on it and thought it might as well be an album. Hopefully [it'll be released in] the fall. We have a few more things to tweak. Reggae is one of the roots of hip-hop. Hip-hop music has helped reggae in its transition periods. Together we kind of wanted to give people that. To find the roots of reggae and hip-hop. Of course, Africa is the main theme that made us put this album together. (World Herald)
    Prior to recently being spotted together attending a New York fashion event, Nas and Kelis made headlines over the summer over their child support payment debates.

Kelis, expected to deliver their first child next month, said in a court filing she wants her soon-to-be ex-husband to give her $20,000 a month for baby supplies. The "Bossy" singer said a baby nurse, nanny and other staff, as well as strollers, cribs and other baby supplies for homes in Los Angeles and New York, cost money. Kelis, 29, who grew up in Harlem, said she hasn't toured in more than a year and relies on Nas, 35, to maintain her lifestyle. (New York Daily News)
    No further information has been provided as of now.

Originally posted by donfatal View Post
    Grammy-nominated rapper Nas recently spoke on the status of his upcoming solo album and said he was "scared" to discuss certain topics in light of his publicized child support case and relationship with estranged wife, Kelis.

According to "God's Son," the rapper is having issues balancing out his personal and publicized life in the music.

"This is a record that, right now, I'm scared of making," Nas said of the album. "I don't know what's gonna happen, as far as I don't know what I'm gonna say. I feel like I've put so much of my personal life out there, and I feel like I'm one of the sort of guys you don't really hear about [though] paparazzi or fan magazines all the time. But I just feel like my life is so much out there [now] that it's kind of like -- man, I don't even know how to put into words how I feel about putting this record together. I'm a little nervous, to tell you the truth. That's all I can say." (MTV)
    Nas announced plans to release his tenth solo album last July and hinted at what fans could expect from its overall sound and content.

"It's funny, drama is something that definitely kicks a fire underneath artists," he said in an interview. "But I try not to make that my focus. I'm trying to have peace and love. My sh*t right now is age-appropriate for myself. I love everything, most of the things that are going on musically. But my music will talk about what I see, how I see it, and it should be interesting. My last things were about what I felt about hip-hop and what I felt about race matters. This new thing will be a natural thing. I have a few things that I feel like doing, but who knows what it will be." (Billboard)
    He is also working on the collaboration project Distinct Relatives alongside Damian Marley.

"I liked his music and what he does," Nas explained in an interview last month. "The feeling was mutual. So we started working on it and thought it might as well be an album. Hopefully [it'll be released in] the fall. We have a few more things to tweak. Reggae is one of the roots of hip-hop. Hip-hop music has helped reggae in its transition periods. Together we kind of wanted to give people that. To find the roots of reggae and hip-hop. Of course, Africa is the main theme that made us put this album together. (World Herald)
    Prior to recently being spotted together attending a New York fashion event, Nas and Kelis made headlines over the summer over their child support payment debates.

Kelis, expected to deliver their first child next month, said in a court filing she wants her soon-to-be ex-husband to give her $20,000 a month for baby supplies. The "Bossy" singer said a baby nurse, nanny and other staff, as well as strollers, cribs and other baby supplies for homes in Los Angeles and New York, cost money. Kelis, 29, who grew up in Harlem, said she hasn't toured in more than a year and relies on Nas, 35, to maintain her lifestyle. (New York Daily News)
    No further information has been provided as of now.
    You wonda why they call u bitch?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
      You wonda why they call u bitch?
      You took the words right out of my mouth! lol

Comment

Her soon-to-be ex-husband to give her $20,000 a month for baby supplies. The "Bossy" singer said a baby nurse, nanny and other staff, as well as strollers, cribs and other baby supplies for homes in Los Angeles and New York, cost money. Kelis, 29, who grew up in Harlem, said she hasn't toured in more than a year and relies on Nas, 35, to maintain her lifestyle.
        Does she really need nanny and a staff to raise her kid?Does she really need a home in LA and NY?First we hear baby supplies and then the "to maintain her lifestyle" stuff wth?
        This is super cold she seems to be one of those people that if u wrong them they are never gonna forget and get u at every turn.But does she really need all that stuff though wth

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X