Birdman Says Lil Wayne Is Better MC Than Jay-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdman Says Lil Wayne Is Better MC Than Jay-Z

Bryan "Birdman" Williams is expecting an abundant amount of success in the upcoming months under his Cash Money umbrella. He said in an interview recently that the label will release ten albums (including Drake's Thank Me Later, Wayne's Rebirth and The Carter IV, and Bow Wow's forthcoming CD) and that he is striving to have each of them fill up a spot on the top ten music chart. Although the idea of Cash Money monopolizing the entire top ten chart may be a stretch, the second portion of the interview was even more interesting. Baby spoke on Jay-Z's MTV crowning of "Hottest Emcee in the Game", calling the music television channel wrong for its choice.

"I don't think [Jay-Z] is the number one emcee in no kind of way," he told Tropical TV. "Wayne's the best. He do the most and he make the most money. I don't think no nigga in the business make more money than us. How can you be the best if you don't make the most money? And you don't do the most? Lyrically, come on man, be for real, can't nobody fuck with Wayne...if you number one and you ain't getting no money it don't mean nothing."

One may wonder if the Cash Money CEO's implication is that Jay-Z, who co-owns the Nets, the 40/40 Club, and who is one of the biggest entrepreneurial figures in Hip Hop, is actually not making much money compared to Lil Wayne. Equally as noteworthy, Baby expressed his belief that lyrical skills don't matter if an emcee isn't big in the bank.

"To me, it's 'who's making the most money," he continued. "That's number one to me. Fuck all that rap shit. They got cold rappers you never even heard. Then they got niggas who really can't rap and making money. It's about whose making the most money to me. I don't give a fuck about the rest of that shit. Maybe other ones do, but if you making money, that matters to me."

ROFL - WE MAKE THE MOST MONEY WE DA BEZTTT.

Since when was that a factor in Hip-Hop?

It used to be about who had the fattest beats/flow/rhymes.
    It's sad what it has all come to. This is how I know these people have no love for rap music if it's just all about the money. It just discredits anything he ever said.

Jay-Z = Over rated.... Sure he's good but not what he's hyped up to be. Eminem killed him on Renegade.

I just love reading things like this, I'm just thankful I can play my Pac CD's and listen to the real hip-hop.

Comment

^^rofl @ dudes using ems drop in renegade as the sole reference to y jay is over rated...

hovs body of work and tenure at the top is paralleled by none in the game today...period...factual...

and i agree on the make more money comment...that don mean shyzle...again, as a body of work, brand...wayne cant touch hov, roc wear or his fine ass wifey...

Comment

Ok maybe it wasn't the best example but I still think the guys overrated.

Comment

lol they both are wack but jay z would kill that gay wayne

Comment

Any rapped whose name starts with LIL can be discounted automatically

"He do the most and he make the most money."

At one time Vanilla Ice was the best MC then, right? Puffy Duddy? Hmmm..

Also, the term MC seems so antiquated to me. Master of Ceremonies? Who the hell wants to be called that? lol..

Never forget!
            It make homos game at females.

Comment

its all to di with money know what ever happened to guys like public enemy

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X