Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Johnson: I hope Lakers lose

Magic wants the Lakers to tank this year
    Johnson, speaking at Steiner Sports' In Their Own Words product launch Tuesday in New York, said he wants his former team to lose enough games to contend for a high lottery pick in next year's NBA draft.

"I hope the Lakers lose every game," Johnson told reporters. "Because if you're going to lose, lose. And I'm serious."

The Lakers owned the second-worst record in the Western Conference and the sixth-worst in the NBA following Tuesday's 98-95 victory over the Kings.

Kobe Bryant scored nine of his 32 points in the final 3:14, leading Los Angeles' fourth-quarter comeback. Carlos Boozer added 15 points for the Lakers, who snapped their three-game skid by rallying from a 12-point deficit in the second half.

After the game, Bryant kept Johnson's thoughts in perspective.

"He's used to being an owner. He's an owner of the Dodgers. He was an owner of the Lakers. That's speaking from an owner's perspective," Bryant said. "I think the fans -- or hopefully some of them -- are probably smart enough to understand his perspective as an owner. I certainly am. Link: http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?s...co.uk%2F%22%7D
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X