NFL Star Randy Moss Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Star Randy Moss Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons

Prolific NFL wide receiver, Randy Moss, is calling it quits after 13 seasons in the league as one of the most dynamic and exciting players the NFL has ever seen.

According to ESPN, Moss' agent Joel Segal made the announcement Monday (August 1) that the 34-year-old was considering offers from several teams, but made the decision to retire.

What offers were on the table was not revealed at press time. Segal did say that Moss just felt it was the right time to call it a day.

"Randy has weighed his options and considered the offers and has decided to retire," Segal told ESPN.

Moss leaves with some impressive career totals -- including 153 touchdowns, which ties him with Terrell Owens for second on the career list; he's fifth in yards (14,858 ); and is tied with Hines Ward for eighth in receptions (954).

He was also voted into the Pro Bowl six times.

Experts feel that Moss' numbers and status as one of the best deep threats in NFL history, will make him a sure-fire candidate for the Hall of Fame.

The reciever's career started with seven seasons with the Minnesota Vikings, but the Raiders didn't see the production. Nagging injuries limited his production, as well as what some saw as his unwillingness to play.

In 2007, he was dealt to the New England Patriots and re-emerged as a force, hauling in a single-season record 23 TD passes from Tom Brady to help the Patriots to a 16-0 regular season before losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Moss was traded back to the Vikings in October of last season, but the reunion lasted just four weeks. Fed up with his behavior, Vikings coach Brad Childress cut Moss in November, which stunned fans and people around the league. Childress was dismissed as head coach a few weeks later.

Moss finished the season with eight games in Tennessee, but made little impact with the Titans. He caught just six passes during his time down south.

While his agent said he was training hard during the summer, it seemed as though something had changed. What exactly is unknown.

That sucks I'm a big Moss fan since his days in Minnesota the first time around. I think hes still got a good 2 or 3 years left in him.
    Love.

Comment

i heard about this but i kinda have the feeling that hes gonna come back and play again.... all it will take is for some players on a super bowl caliber team to go to his house and tell him "its time"

Comment

Yeah I think so to he will be back. Just hope he don't do what Farve has done and let it drag on forever just for publicity and such.
        Love.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X