No announcement yet.

Michael Vick Inks Six-Year, $100 Million Contract With The Philadelphia Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick Inks Six-Year, $100 Million Contract With The Philadelphia Eagles

Michael Vick's comeback is officially complete.

Four years after pleading guilty to dog fighting charges, the Pro Bowl quarterback has inked a long-term contract with the Philadelphia Eagles for a reported $100 million.

According to ESPN, Vick's new contract is for six years, is worth $100 million, and the NFL QB will get roughly $40 million guaranteed.

"I'm very happy we were able to reach an agreement with Michael on this long-term contract," Eagles coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "It's a product of all the hard work Michael has done to better himself over the last couple of years, both on and off the field. I'm very proud that he has been able to achieve success again in this league, but he'll be the first one to tell you that there is a lot of work yet to be done by him and this team as a whole.

"And there's no doubt in my mind that he will continue on that path," he continued.

Vick's comeback began really moving last season, after he took over the starting role for the Eagles following the departure of Donovan McNabb. He lead his team to the NFL East title, was the starting quarterback in the Pro Bowl, and was the AP's Comeback Player of the Year.

The 31-year-old joined the Eagles in 2009, and played sparingly as the third-string QB behind Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb. Although he started last year as the backup, Vick earned the starting role after his exceptional performances in Kolb's absences due to injury.

He then guided the Eagles to an 8-3 record in 11 games as a starter, in his first season playing full-time since 2006. He set career highs in yards passing (3,018 ), touchdowns passing (21), touchdowns rushing (9), completion percentage (62.6), and passer rating (100.2). Additionally, Vick rushed for 676 yards.

Vick was the #1 overall pick in the 2001 draft, and was once a megastar with the Atlanta Falcons, where he signed a $130 million, 10-year deal in 2005 that made him the top-paid player in the league at the time. But, he lost it all with his dog fighting controversy, which sent him to jail, and eventually resulted in him filing for bankruptcy.

Despite all the negatives, he's won back support of the fans, not only for his play on the field, but also for his good behavior off the field and humble attitude.

Well I'm happy for him and i hope The Eagles will go far this year and maybe beat the packers:wink!:
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X