Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead Season 2 Makes History

Here is some awesome news for “The Walking Dead.”

Today, AMC announced that the Season 2 premier of “The Walking Dead” had 7.3 million viewers last night. Below is the press release from AMC: “Last night’s season two premiere of AMC’s original series, “The Walking Dead” delivered the strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history. The season two premiere delivered 4.8 million Adults 18-49 and 4.2 million Adults 25-54 shattering a basic cable record set nearly 10 years ago for a single drama telecast. The program delivered a 4.8 HH rating netting 7.3 million total viewers. These results represent a 36% and 38% increase respectively over season one’s series average on AMC. Season one’s series average delivered the most A18-49 viewers for a drama in basic cable history”

Here is a breakdown of some highlights from Key Nielsen for the season two premiere of The Walking Dead:

9pm airing – 4.8 HH rating with 7.3 million viewers a 36%/38% increase respectively over last year’s season average
    9pm airing – Adults 18-49 delivered 4.8 million viewers; a 36% increase over last year’s season average
    9pm airing – Adults 25-54 delivered 4.2 million viewers; a 35% increase over last year’s average.
    9 pm, 10:30pm and 12:30am airings – cumed to 11 million viewers”

The first season of “The Walking Dead” had an average of 3.5 million Adults 18-49 for the season premiere. At the time, the series was the most watched drama series in basic cable history for the demo. The average was 5.2 million total viewers for the season.

Charlie Collier, AMC’s president had this to say: “‘The Walking Dead’ is one of those rare television programs that reaches both a core genre fan as well as broad audiences simply looking for a great, character-based story. We’re so proud of and grateful for the amazing team on both sides of the camera who works so hard and is so committed to making this a unique programming event… The ‘Walking Dead’ is now the most watched drama in the history of basic cable is staggering, just like our zombies.”

I am looking forward to many more seasons of the walking dead!

i probably gonna watch the first episode and the new dexter tomorrow, but that's a great new
    sigpic

Comment

Great news indeed. Saw the first episode. Was good.

Comment

Downloading it now . cant wait to see it.

Comment

where can i find a link to the episode... cuz its not showin on tv here where i stay

Comment

I'm now gonna start actually watching this from the first series. Never bothered with it b4....

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
              where can i find a link to the episode... cuz its not showin on tv here where i stay

sigpic

Comment

great show but mistake to put it on at same time as dexter

Comment

noob question. whats so special about this series ???

i never heard anything from anyone

Comment

Originally posted by insanity View Post
                    noob question. whats so special about this series ???

i never heard anything from anyone
                    Its got a very good story line as its some what taken from the comics and has a good production team backing it if you like zombies at all then this is a great series for anyone who checks it out.

Comment

The comic is much better than the tv series. But still the show does a pretty good job and its nice that it doesnt follow the comic exactallyor it would be boring. But to anybody who is even interested in the series I suggest that you read the comic.

Comment

This series has been really good imo, watched all season 1 and half of season 2 within a week to get up to speed. And other than the odd episode it's been a bloody good and entertaining watch.

Hate the fact we gotta wait until 2012 for the next ones mind you.... lol

Comment

I love The Walking Dead Comics!!! Serie is dope too but comics are better. The end of the latest episode was crazy, i had a little hint about the girl tho. Sucks

Comment

This season is moving too slow. Want to save 7 hours? Here's a run down on season two so far:

*********************spoiler alert**************************

They lost little girl. They search for lil girl. Boy gets shot. Deputy kills man to survive walkers. Boy lives. Girl's found, then killed.

If it's gonna run this slow you can't take a three month break!

Comment

I've just finished downloading the new episode of season 2, been a long wait..!!! Get that shit on in a min, hope the wait has been worth it

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X