Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead is Nominated for Three Emmy Awards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead is Nominated for Three Emmy Awards!

We all know that AMC‘s The Walking Dead is a killer show with some absolutely fantastic practical effects work bringing the zombies to our screens and unleashing true carnage. We know its awesome, but it feels that much better when you know that the show has been recognized by a prestigious awards ceremony like the Emmys.

The show has been nominated for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup, Outstanding Visual Effects and Outstanding Sound Editing for the second straight year. Yep, they are just kicking ass!

The full nominations are as follows;

“Special Makeup Designer Greg Nicotero and his KNB EFX team were nominated for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for Season 2 Episode 1, “What Lies Ahead”. His team includes: Jake Garber, Special Makeup Effects Artist, Andy Schoneberg, Special Makeup Effects Artist, Kevin Wasner, Special Makeup Effects Artist, Gino Crognale, Special Makeup Effects Artist, and Carey Jonse, Special Makeup Effects Artist

VFX Supervisors Victor Scalise, Jason Sperling and Darrell Pritchett — along with their team at Stargate Studios — were nominated for Outstanding Visual Effects for their work on Season 2 Episode 13, “Beside The Dying Fire”. The full team includes: Victor Scalise, VFX Supervisor, Jason Sperling, VFX Supervisor, Darrell Pritchett, Special FX Supervisor, Eddie Bonin, VFX Producer, Valeri Pfahning, Lead 2D Artist, Spence Fuller, 2D Artist, and Martin Hilke, 2D Artist.

Supervising Sound Editor Jerry Ross was also nominated for Outstanding Sound Editing for Season 2 Episode 13, “Beside The Dying Fire”. His full team includes: Lou Thomas, Dialogue ADR Editor, Tim Farrell, Sound Effects Editor, Phil Barrie, Sound Effects Editor, David Lee Fein, Foley Artist, and Hilda Hodges, Foley Artist.”

AMC are on top form as other shows from the network have also received nominations, such as 17 nominations going to Mad Men, 13 to Breaking Bad and one to Hell on Wheels.

Be sure to tune in this October 14th on AMC for the return of The Walking Dead!

No surprise. Best show on TV at the moment! I want summer to end just so I can start the new season.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveligurl View Post
      No surprise. Best show on TV at the moment! I want summer to end just so I can start the new season.
      Yea the show is very well put together it deserves to win let's hope it does!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
        Yea the show is very well put together it deserves to win let's hope it does!
        I feel that it will certainly win something, it's hugely popular, and for good reason. Breaking Bad is probably it's biggest contender imo, even though Mad Men has more nominations.

Let's go Walking Dead

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X