Max Thieriot Talks About Playing Norman Bates’ Brother In “Bates Motel”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Thieriot Talks About Playing Norman Bates’ Brother In “Bates Motel”

Relativity Media releases director Mark Tonderai’s House at the End of the Street this Friday, September 21st. The PG-13 thriller stars Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games) and Max Thieriot (My Soul To Take).

Myself and a few other journalists sat down with Thieriot today and spoke to him at length about the film. You can look for the full interview to hit sometime before Friday. But – as a quick aside – I figured I’d share a tidbit from one of Thieriot’s other projects… A&E’s “Bates Motel“.

As you know he’ll be playing Norman Bates’ brother (alongside Freddie Highmore as Norman and Vera Farmiga as Ms. Bates) and leaves for Vancouver to film the pilot on the 24th. Head inside for his take on playing the role!

On his reaction to the call that he was doing the role, “I was kind of surprised. I was like, okay, ‘fill me in. What’s going on? Am I playing Norman Bates?’ Which I’m obviously not, I’m playing his brother who they are creating [for the show]. Which for me is maybe more exciting because I’m playing a new character. He could do anything – there’s a lot of room to play there. It’s amazing. [The world of] Alfred Hitchcock is amazing. Psycho, The Birds… his movies are pretty amazing. It’s pretty exciting to be a part of something like that.”
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X