Seth MacFarlane to Host Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth MacFarlane to Host Oscars

The 85th Academy Awards will shine the spotlight on... the voice of Stewie.

Seth MacFarlane will host the 85th annual Academy Awards, which will take place on Feb. 24th.

The Family Guy creator and Ted director is obviously the Academy's latest attempt to court a younger audience for the annual telecast. While the show went old school last year with Billy Crystal, two years prior a similar youth-grab was orchestrated with James Franco and Anne Hathaway, to what pundits deemed generally disappointing results.

"It's truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars," said MacFarlane. "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen roast."

Interestingly, MacFarlane is the rare host who's not necessarily a recognizable face in most households. Additionally, while he voices many of his animated creations, hosted the Sheen roast and the recent season premiere of Saturday Night Live, and has performed musically, he's not first and foremost thought of as a performer. Still, obviously the $420 million worldwide gross of Ted has helped in the decision to give him this shot at a huge spotlight.

I remember he made a joke on one of the roasts about hosting the Oscars and I never thought in a million years they would elect him because of how many people he offends on Family Guy. I'm happy for the dude doe', he killed hosting the roasts, his your idol host nevertheless perfect for the job...giggity giggity gigitty!

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Seth MacFarlane could make any lame event such as the Oscars a must watch. I will.

Comment

I usually just skip these shows and youtube the good parts I hear about, but Seth will make me watch it live (or recorded)

Comment

Seths a Genius So the Oscars will be great in 2013

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X