Game of Thrones Gets a Mind-Blowing Minecraft Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones Gets a Mind-Blowing Minecraft Makeover

Winter is coming. Unfortunately, the next season of HBO's Game of Thrones isn't arriving until the end of March, but luckily for those who can't wait for their next visit to Westeros, a couple of intrepid digital masons have helped build beautiful facsimiles of show's settings in Minecraft.

Will Blew and Jacob Granberry are the creators of WesterosCraft, a site devoted to recreating George R.R. Martin's universe, brick by brick. Both were fans of the novels and inspired by other Minecraftplayers who had built 1:1 versions of Hogwarts and Middle-earth. The duo started building and before long had raised an army of volunteer builders that would make Robb Stark proud.

The low-resolution nature of Minecraft isn't that different from the Emmy-nominated opening credits forGame of Thrones. What's especially impressive is how attractive the models can be with a little rendering support. This low-resolution version of the wall uses the same data as the beautiful rendering that precedes it. Blew and Granberry produce these images in partnership with a talented but secretive 3-D artist named "Maruku."

Full Story: http://www.wired.com/design/2012/12/...ones/?pid=1568

Kool stuff i love game of thrones i never got to try minecraft yet i know alot of people play around with it this looks pretty kool though they did a good job

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X