Winter is coming, and so is Game of Thrones: The Official Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is coming, and so is Game of Thrones: The Official Beer

HBO, perhaps inspired by season two's breakout star Drunk Cersei, has announced the greatest Game of Thrones merchandise available (at least until someone can start bioengineering dire wolf puppies): Official Game of Thrones beer. From the press release:

Unlike previous efforts by brewers, which were typically executed as ‘brewed under license' arrangements or straightforward product placement pushes, the collaboration between Ommegang and HBO is focused on developing truly unique beers that directly tie into themes, characters and nuances of the series of the medieval-like fantasy realm of Westeros and surrounding kingdoms.

The inaugural beer, Iron Throne Blonde Ale, will launch nationally timed to the season 3 premiere of the show on March 31st. It will be available on draft and in 750ml bottles for the suggested retail price of $8.50 per bottle beginning mid to late March. This will be followed by the launch of another Game of Thrones-inspired beer in the Fall and two additional beers in subsequent seasons.

My guess is that HBO wants people to be seriously drunk when watching season 3 (you know why). Anyways, please, please join me in suggesting a list of possible future installments if the GoT-themed beer series for HBO. Here, I'll start us off:

• Robert Baratheon Stout
    • White Walker Extremely Pale Ale
    • Tyrion Half-Pint
    • Cersei's Special Bitter
    • Va'lager Morghulis
    • Hodorbock
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X