Game of Thrones Most Pirated TV-Show of 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones Most Pirated TV-Show of 2012

With 2012 nearing its end we begin our annual look at the most-pirated entertainment titles across various categories, starting today with TV-shows. Game of Thrones comes out on top this year, followed by last year’s number one Dexter. Episodes of both shows are shared among millions of people, with airing delays and limited legal download options among the key reasons to pirate.
    With 4,280,000 downloads for a single episode, Game of Thrones has the honor of becoming the most pirated TV-show of 2012.

Over the years the number of TV-show downloads on BitTorrent has leveled off a bit, but this year we saw a small increase again.

The majority of TV-show piracy, more than 80 percent, occurs outside the US and lacking availability is the top reason why people turn to BitTorrent.

For chart leader Game of Thrones this is no different. Airing delays and HBO’s choice not to make it widely available online are two of the top reasons why so many people pirated the show.

Game of Thrones is particularly popular in Australia, where people have to wait a week longer than fans in the U.S. to view the show. Nevertheless, even in the U.S. hundreds and thousands are downloading the show for free, although many would love to pay for it if HBO offered a standalone HBO GO subscription.

In common with many branches of the entertainment industry, the challenge for TV companies such as HBO is to come up with a business model that allows users to consume what they want at any given time, without losing existing revenue in the process.

When that puzzle is solved worldwide the number of unauthorized downloads will be pretty much insignificant.

Game of Thrones Most Pirated TV-Show of 2012

I'm surprised it wasn't the walking dead

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
      I'm surprised it wasn't the walking dead
      Yea GOT has taking the title two years in a row as last year they were also the most pirated show.

Comment

game of thrones ? not on my pc, bitch !

Comment

Because in alot other countries they still at Season 1 or just finished that. People love to be up 2 date. Its fucked up to see the serie on TV and you know there is already another season on the internet lol.

Comment

Germany is very slow at the moment with the new series but I dont have any series on my pc, why should I? I can watch them via stream!
            My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
            Vinyls: 60
            Cassettes: 110
            CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
              Germany is very slow at the moment with the new series but I dont have any series on my pc, why should I? I can watch them via stream!
              Maybe because u can Download HD quality version and play them via ur TV lol?

Comment

not surprised all that much .. it was probably this or walking dead. ..

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X