Joss Whedon Still Bugged He Didn't Get His Buffy Animated Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joss Whedon Still Bugged He Didn't Get His Buffy Animated Series

Even though Joss Whedon has become one of Hollywoods biggest directors he still thinks about his past efforts, and how some of them never went anywhere. He's still bugged that he couldn't find anyone to produce his Buffy the Vampire Slayer animated series that he wanted to do after the live-action series ended.

In a recent interview with Assignment X here's what Whedon had to say,

We got to do almost everything we wanted to do. The only thing we didn't get to do is an animated version, which was a delight for us because the writers themselves were working on it. We wrote seven scripts ... it was 'what could we not do [on the regular series].' They were really fun to write. We could not sell the show. We could not sell an animated Buffy, which I still find incomprehensible.

The series would have followed the Buffy gang during some early high school adventures. It is kind of crazy that this animated series never happened! The show had a huge following, fans would have loved it, it generated a lot of buzz, but for some reason no network would come on board to produce the show, which is ridiculous to me.

Here's a fun promo clip from the series that was unfortunately never meant to be. But it's animation! Who's to say it couldn't be done now!? It looks like it would have been an awesome series! Would you watch a Buffy the Vampire Slayer animated series? I think Whedon should try and pitch the series now.

Joss Whedon is a master mind!!!

he made 3 of my favorite tv series: Buffy, Angel & Firefly

Firefly was canceled after the first season, but the DVD release and the movie to the tv serie "Serenity" were a success

they always cancel the good tv series ...most people cant see the brilliancy in his or other tv series

The Big Bang Theory - Firefly References

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sheldon is angry with Leonard, so he presents a very specific driving game of his called Traitors. This leads to a phenomenal line about Rupert Murdoch :)
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X