Tron: Uprising Producer - "We Need More Viewers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron: Uprising Producer - "We Need More Viewers"

Edward Kitsis was at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour to promote his hit series -- with his partner Adam Horowitz -- Once Upon a Time this week. But when I spoke to him, I also asked about the status of Tron: Uprising, the animated series he and Horowitz are producers on.

Kitsis was very excited to talk about Tron: Uprising, exclaiming, “It’s so good!” when I first mentioned it. However, it’s no secret that the Disney XD series has struggled and recently reports spread that it was cancelled, after one of the show’s storyboard artists, Eric Canete, tweeted it was “sadly ending.”

Since then though, as news spread, sourcing Canete’s tweets, that the show was over, he’s tweeted more statements, saying things like, “Jeez. Before things get out of hand- I did NOT cancel TRON, NOR AM I LOOPED INTO ITS FUTURE AS A SERIES. There. Get off me, Disney Troopers” and “Speculator sites: My opinions are my own & not 100% corroborated. STOP REPOSTING & RUMORING AS IF WHT IM SAYING IS GOSPEL.”

When I spoke to Kitsis this week, he told me, “I don’t know what the future [of Tron: Uprising] is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers. I’m so proud of that show and I love that show and anyone who watches it loves that show. The problem is, not enough people are watching it. And so I would love to sound the alarm, because I love the characters and the world and it’s really… It’s a shame that more people aren’t watching it, because I think they’re missing out.”

When it came to his love of the series, Kitsis added, “I’m not even being like, ‘It’s my show!’ Because Charlie Bean runs the day to day. Adam and I created it but Charlie and a great team of writers run the day to day and there are times when I’m just a fan."

When it came to those reports that Tron: Uprising already been canceled, Kitsis remarked, “At this point, I don’t believe its fate has been decided. So if people keep watching, then there’s still a chance. Please watch. Tell your friends!”
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X