“Under the Dome” Will Hit Amazon, NOT Netflix or Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Under the Dome” Will Hit Amazon, NOT Netflix or Hulu

CBS has announced that it has reached an exclusive licensing deal with Amazon.com to offer through online streaming the forthcoming series, “Under the Dome,” produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television and based on a Stephen King novel, reports THR.

The series about a small New England town that is suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world is set to debut on CBS on June 24.

According to the companies, Amazon’s Prime members will have the ability to stream all the series’ episodes four days after their initial broadcast on CBS through compatible Amazon Instant Video devices. In addition, episodes of Under the Dome will be available for purchase and download on Amazon.

Last November, CBS ordered 13 episodes of the series under an innovative financing structure where the network would seek a subscription video-on-demand partner. The arrangement made it possible to execute a high-end scripted drama during summer months at lower license fees.
    On Monday, CBS announced that Amazon — rather than Netflix or Hulu — would be its partner on this series, and company executives are saying the fit makes sense.

Coulda swore I saw sonething like this in the simpsons movie

Comment

Originally posted by MobFigga357 View Post
      Coulda swore I saw sonething like this in the simpsons movie
      Yep there certainly was although i believe the stephen king book this is based upon was before the simpsons movie.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X