Futurama Says Farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurama Says Farewell

Series Finale to revolve around Fry, Leela, and time travel.

Series creator Matt Groening and executive producer David X. Cohen were joined by the entire Futurama cast to give Comic Con a unique sneak peak at the show's finale. Billy West, Joe DiMaggio, Katey Sagal, Phil LaMarr, Lauren Tom, Maurice LaMarche, and Tress MacNeille did a table read of the first act, including sound effects. It was especially fun to watch Billy West go quickly from doing Fry to Professor Farnsworth to Dr. Zoidberg. The audience was then shown the animated second act. I don't want to give too much away but it involves Fry and Leela's epic romance and time travel. To say the second act ended on a cliffhanger would be an understatement.

After a spirited Q & A session, Matt Groening and Futurama director Edmund Fong took part in what was billed as a drawing contest "to the death." Both men furiously drew pictures of various characters and when Groening tried to cheat his way to the victory stand, the voice actors acted as a jury, condemning Futurama to death. It was a funny spin on the sad reality for fans of facing life without Futurama again.

When asked if this was really the end, Groening and Cohen said they both had more Futurama stories to tell. Fans also have a Futurama crossover to look forward to in the upcoming season of The Simpsons.

The series finale of Futurama airs September 4th on Comedy Central.

The Simpsons died after season 10
    Futurama died after season 4

the new episodes of both series are totally crap
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Yup, they have killed the goodwill I carried in my heart for this show with all the shitty new episodes.
      It make homos game at females.

Comment

I stopped watching this a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post

I agree about the Simpsons but I think that futurama has be getting better after a slump with those movies. The last season was a blast and this one has be great so far.
          Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post

I think season 11-12 are watchable too, the later seasons are CRAP, I laughed much less on a whole season than on a better episode from season 4-5, those are the best imo. The fall of The Simpsons is also the reason why Family Guy and other McFarlane cartoons got popular. The series was cancelled after the first 2 seasons (around 99-2000), when The Simpsons was still funny, they even gave hints that Family Guy is a copy of The Simpsons, now they are collaborating together, making the Simpsons appear in FG etc... so I would really end The Simpsons if I was them, at least Futurama is unique (I've never been a huge fan of it though).

Sent from my Optimus 2x using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Lil' Prophet; 07-22-2013, 11:00 AM.
            www.youtube.com/user/LilProphetMusic
            www.reverbnation.com/LilProphetMusic
            www.facebook.com/LilProphet
            www.twitter.com/LilProphetMusic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X