No Spin-Off for American Horror Story: Coven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spin-Off for American Horror Story: Coven

Are you still reeling from the events of last night’s episode of “American Horror Story: Coven”? I know I am. Don’t worry, there aren’t any spoilers in this article, but I just need to say this: Dammmmn, son.

With the series starting to build to an explosive season finale, many fans are beginning to wonder where the show will go next. A while ago, show c0-creator Ryan Murphy was considering the possibility of creating a spin-off series that would continue to build upon the world established in “Coven.” However, in an interview with EW, Ryan put that idea to rest.

We were starting to break episode 8 or 9 and we were like, ‘Well, we can’t kill that person off because we need them for the spin-off.’ As soon as those words were said, I was like, ‘There is no spin-off.’ Because it took away from the joy of the show. The reason the show is successful is no one is safe ever.

While it would have been interesting to further explore the characters established in “Coven”, I’d rather have a tightly woven story that wasn’t artificially stretched out to serve a greater desire. It’s certainly possible that they could’ve just done a whole new series with an all new cast, but then you run the risk of the show starting to feel like more of the same. Which would be antithetical to everything American Horror Story has become.

So where in the world will Ryan Murphy take us in the fourth season of American Horror Story? Obviously, the exact details are being withheld, but he did tell EW that the next season won’t be “contemporary” and that it’ll either be set in New Orleans or Santa Fe. He also mentioned that we should start seeing hints about season 4 “around episode 11.”

To see more of Entertainment Weekly’s chat with Ryan Murphy, be sure to check out their latest issue on newsstands today.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X