Crazy Trailer for JUDGE DREDD: SUPERFIEND Animated Miniseries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Trailer for JUDGE DREDD: SUPERFIEND Animated Miniseries

The full trailer for producer Adi Shankar's animated miniseries Judge Dredd: Superfiend has been released, and I'm completely sold. This thing looks strange, dark, funny, a little messed up, and completely insane… I love it. The trailer comes from Collider, who also got a statement from Shankar on how this miniseries fits in with the previously made "bootleg" short films that he's produced. Those films include "Dirty Laundry," which is based on The Punisher, and "Truth in Journalism," which is based on Venom. He also talks about the reason he decided to develop this project, and why he went with this style of animation. Judge Dredd: Superfiend was inspired by the “Dark Judges” comic book story arc. Here's what the producer revealed about it:

1. The “Bootleg Universe” is about viewing things through a fresh lens. I wanted to do something that played up the satirical tone of the Judge Dredd comics, an anti-establishment British comic about post apocalyptic America. Furthermore, I’m not going to bootleg my own thing and do it in live action … I’ll save that for Dirty Laundry 2.

2. I personally love cartoons, so I wanted to mimic the look of 90’s MTV, “Ren & Stimpy,” Liquid Television, with a dash of “ReBoot” and juxtapose that with the trademark violence found in everything I have done. When I was younger all of your favorite comic book sci-fi anti-hero characters had an animated series, X-Men: The Animated Series, Ultraforce, WildC.A.T.s, Savage Dragon, and even Youngblood got close … so in that tradition this is Judge Dredd’s foray into ultraviolent kids animation!”

Below you'll find a list of titles for the six episodes that they plan on releasing:

Episode 1: Judge Sydney
    Episode 2: The Angel Gang
    Episode 3: Judge Death
    Episode 4: Rico & Vienna
    Episode 5: In Death We Trust
    Episode 6: Dredd vs Death

Enjoy the trailer!

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X