Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Announced

Available for the PS3 and Xbox 360 the Limited Edition includes the standard edition of the release along with what looks like a fairly substantial hard-cover Art Book. This makes for a fairly simple LE release though the large box that will house the two items was designed by Yoji Shinkawa.

While this wont be nearly as sought after as the very quickly sold out Zavvi exclusive SteelBook variant of this release, it would make an excellent pickup for any fan of the series.

Slated for release on November 8th you can pre-order through Amazon.com [PS3] [Xbox 360] or pretty much any other game retailer for about $80.

Being a huge fan of the series i might pick this up eventually.

I still cant believe that they didnt include MGS:Portable Ops ..why do they release the collection on x-box? all x-box players arent familiar to the MGS material...they wont understand the story

I wanted to pre-order the steelbook version but it was already OOP ...few days later some told me that they canceled this edition
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-08-2011, 05:26 PM.
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

dude that looks so sick!
      Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
        I still cant believe that they didnt include MGS:Portable Ops ..why do they release the collection on x-box? all x-box players arent familiar to the MGS material...they wont understand the story
        Portable Ops isn't a part of the official continuity of the Metal Gear Universe. It's story was written by someone other then Hideo Kojima. The official sequel to Metal Gear Solid 3 is Peace Walker... Think of Portable ops more as a work of Fan fiction then an actual part of the universe. That's why it wasn't included. I'm more bummed that they didn't take Silicon Knights Gamecube remake of pt.1 and put it on here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post

I wanted to pre-order the steelbook version but it was already OOP ...few days later some told me that they canceled this edition
          [MENTION=458]Big Exodus Its also available for the ps3 and xbox players are fairly familiar as metal gear solid 2 was even out for the og xbox.

Comment

The first one was a classic, so they should release it on ps3 aswell

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
              [MENTION=458]Big Exodus Its also available for the ps3 and xbox players are fairly familiar as metal gear solid 2 was even out for the og xbox.

i know
              let me rephrase my sentence: they arent familiar with the WHOLE MGS story/material

Comment

This kind of collection is more aimed at long term fans and not new ones anyways. I have Metal Gear Solid for the ps1, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Gamecube), Metal Gear Solid 2 (Ps2) Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (Xbox) Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2) Metal Gear Solid 4 (Ps3) and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP) and I still plan on re-buying this collection as it's one of my favorite franchises ever.

Comment

I have:

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
                  Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (PS1)
                  Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PS2)
                  Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
                  Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Steelbook)
                  Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Steelbook) (SEALED)
                  Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (indludes: Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake)
                  Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (Slipcase) (SEALED)

I will buy "Portable Ops" & "Peace Walker" for PSP soon, and this collection too

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X