• Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Year & Era in Games

What's the BEST Era or Year?

Discuss...

Snes Era 90's

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Its hard to say all eras are filled with gems and crap, graphics just keep improving. I did love the 90's tho for nostalgia if nothing else. Sonic the hedgehog, streets of rage, golden axe, tmnt etc on the megadrive.
      My Current PC
      i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

like [MENTION=580]mat_turbo said each era have great and crap games but my 2 favorites eras are:

the Mega Drive/Genesis era ...the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis was my first console in 1992 ...good old days ...Sonic The Hedgehog series, Super Street Fighter 2, Maximum Carnage, Light Crusader, Contra, Pitfall, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, Mortal Kombat series, Turtles, Vectorman, X-Men: Clone Wars and many more ...really great games ...SEGA should release all old games on PS3 on a single Blu-ray

Play Station 1 era ...back in the day the game developer had ideas not like today where you have to buy only sequels because they are out of fantasy, sure there are some innovative games but the sequels rule the current console generations ...damn, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 1-3, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy series, Twisted Metal 1 & 2, Soul Reaver, Tekken series, Bushido Blade, Bloody Roar 1, Crash Bandicoot series, Dino Crisis, Deathtrap Dungeon, Driver, Gran Turismo, Hard Edge, Mortal Kombat 4 & Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero, MediEvil and many more ...was really a good time
        My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
        Vinyls: 60
        Cassettes: 110
        CDs: 216

Comment

I don't know much about eras, but last year was one of the greatest gaming years ever. We had Assassin's Creed Revelations, which you might say whatever about, but it's one of the most innovative game series ever. We had Skyward Sword, another installment in the most classic game series ever. Skyrim was another fantastic game, it really deserves its 5/5 ratings, a game that I still play pretty often. I would call that one of the best games ever. It was the official release year of Minecraft, greatest Indie title ever. Then there was MW3, BF3 etc etc.
          Winter Jamz download link: http://www.datpiff.com/2Pac-2Pac-Win...pe.295538.html

Single:

Comment

Originally posted by mat_turbo View Post
            Its hard to say all eras are filled with gems and crap, graphics just keep improving. I did love the 90's tho for nostalgia if nothing else. Sonic the hedgehog, streets of rage, golden axe, tmnt etc on the megadrive.
            yea graphics are improved alot. But i have a feeling alot developers are only carring about graphics, most games these days are so mainstream, not creative at all. and only made for the big mass that play a game only sometimes.

ofcourse there some creative and new games every year. But I must say its so much the same, especially shooters.

Comment

It's very hard to make an argument against the 90s (Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sony PlayStation). So I won't, lol. Though I will say, early 2000s (Xbox, PlayStation 2) get an honorable mention. Grand Theft Auto series, Metal Gear Solid series, Hitman series, Splinter Cell series, Max Payne series. All classics. I love my Xbox 360, but it must be that nostalgia factor that has me thinking that the best is behind us.

Comment

late 90's nintendo 64

EVERY FUCKING N64 game was a classic
                i didnt need to look at the title to spend my cash ... every title was great fun

x jossy

Comment

PS2

There were so many epic games for this system. It's getting harder to find really good games these days. I have more PS2 era games on my PC than newer.

Comment

Originally posted by skitzo View Post
                    PS2

There were so many epic games for this system. It's getting harder to find really good games these days. I have more PS2 era games on my PC than newer.
                    NO!!!!! XBOX Was a Better Era! Forgot about Halo! ps2 ain't never had a legendary game that was only for their console!

Comment

Hell yeah Og Xbox was the sickest.. Specialy since i had my box modded an had around 120 games saved in it

Sent from my DROIDX

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                        NO!!!!! XBOX Was a Better Era! Forgot about Halo! ps2 ain't never had a legendary game that was only for their console!
                        U have seriously no clue what u talking about, that comment is full with shit.

Your comment actually show you have 0% knowlegde about gaming and that you do not any research. Please get some more knowlegde about things, before posting shitty comments like that.

U forget the legendary God of War games? Shadow of the Colossus? Metal Gear Solid 3? Finaly fantasy games? Ico? Grand Turismo 4? Jak & Daxter? Kingdome of Hearts? devil My cry?

Socom 2: Multiplayer still one of the most played Multiplayers from the ps2 and xbox togheter. Killzone? Pes 6? resident evil code veronica X?

and I can make the list 100 times longer.

Comment

The 90s were by far the best decade, majority of things sega and Nintendo touched turned to gold

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
                            U have seriously no clue what u talking about, that comment is full with shit.

Your comment actually show you have 0% knowlegde about gaming and that you do not any research. Please get some more knowlegde about things, before posting shitty comments like that.

U forget the legendary God of War games? Shadow of the Colossus? Metal Gear Solid 3? Finaly fantasy games? Ico? Grand Turismo 4? Jak & Daxter? Kingdome of Hearts? devil My cry?

Socom 2: Multiplayer still one of the most played Multiplayers from the ps2 and xbox togheter. Killzone? Pes 6? resident evil code veronica X?

and I can make the list 100 times longer.
                            Resi is on Xbox so is metal gear

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                              Resi is on Xbox so is metal gear
                              Code veronica X is not released on the xbox, same 4 Metal Gear Solid 3.

Resident evil code veronica X was re-released on the 360, but we were talking about the xbox era right now, same for MGS 3.

[MENTION=6944]James Bond

and dont let me even start about lol

Ace Combat 5
                              rached and clank
                              tekken 4 & 5
                              Time Crisis
                              sly raccoon
                              virtual fighter 4

Plus all GTA's were exclusives for a year on the ps2 .

Just accept your post was pure nonsense.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X