Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sony’s Cloud Partnership for PS2 and PS1 Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sony’s Cloud Partnership for PS2 and PS1 Games?

Backwards compatibility could shift to streaming.

UPDATE: A new report on GI.biz suggests that Sony's cloud partnership will be with Gaikai and will specifically involve streaming PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 games.

According to the report, "the service will offer first-party games and be open to third-party publishers to sell back catalog to players." Specific Sony devices aren't mentioned, but the service could come to PlayStation 3, Vita or even Sony-branded tablets and computers.

If there's an announcement, look for it at Sony's E3 press conference on Monday, June 4th at 6:00 p.m. PDT. And don't forget that you can stream it live on IGN.

Original story follows:

On the heels of last week’s news that Sony could potentially be partnering with OnLive comes further news that Sony is set for a major new partnership with a cloud gaming service.

This time, the news comes by way of MCV. “In a move that will rock the next generation of console gaming, Sony is close to agreeing [to] an acquisition of a high profile gaming firm,” according to that site’s report.

Furthermore, “MCV understands that the deal is far more extensive than anyone could have predicted and will see Sony fully acquire [OnLive or Gaikai]. The deal, our source says, ‘is close to being signed.’”

We’ve reached out to Sony for comment and will update if and when we hear back.

if they are doing a cloud partnership i hope i`ll be able to stream gta san andreas i loved that game

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X