Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E3 2012: Ubisoft Reveals Watch Dogs Data can be used against you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 2012: Ubisoft Reveals Watch Dogs Data can be used against you.

During its press conference today, Ubisoft revealed Watch Dogs, a new open-world action-adventure title. After two years of development at Ubisoft Montreal, Watch Dogs is set to “revolutionize the way players interact with each other.”

The game's near-future premise involves a single supercomputer controlling major cities. Our lives are controlled by computers, "but who controls the computers?" The game focuses on data turning against us. Data is interconnected and "everything can be hacked."

Creative director Jonathan Morin from Montreal hosted a short playthrough of the game, played on a PlayStation 3. The game follows a character named Aiden Pierce who uses his "fists and wits." Aiden is described as an antihero who can hack into anything at any time.

The game is set in Windy City, a fictionalized version of Chicago, and featured gameplay that included jamming technology, used in a group of people to make their cell phones stop working. Later in the demo Pierce hacked a traffic light to create a massive 30-car pile-up to trap his intended target.

"Watch Dogs goes beyond the limits of today's open-world games by giving players the ability to control an entire city,"Jonathan Morin, creative director, Ubisoft said in a statement. "In Watch Dogs, anything connected to the city's Central Operating System becomes a weapon. By pushing the boundaries, we can provide players with action and access to information on a scale that's never been seen in a video game before."

Interestingly, scanning a QR code that briefly appeared in the demo leads to dotconnexion.com, which appears to be a viral site related to the club seen in the game.

Ubisoft's official Watch Dogs press announcement does not list a release date, or planned platforms. IGN will have much more on this promising new game soon. Be sure to check out the Watch Dogs Wiki for more details on this promising new game. So far, no platforms have been announced.

Game Looks Amazing!
    Last edited by GreenL420; 06-05-2012, 12:08 AM.

this is actually pretty interesting im gonna cop this when it`s out

Comment

so fucking dope
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal The Konqueror View Post
        this is actually pretty interesting im gonna cop this when it`s out
        Yep a for sure buy for me also when it releases.

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
        so fucking dope
        Hell yea graphics look nice and especially where he jams the signal and the crash and stuff looked great

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
          Yep a for sure buy for me also when it releases.
          i tried to find a release date but could not find anything you know when it`s out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal The Konqueror View Post
            i tried to find a release date but could not find anything you know when it`s out ?
            It began development in 2010 so hopefully it's not to far away however no official release date has been announced where still TBA atm

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
              It began development in 2010 so hopefully it's not to far away however no official release date has been announced where still TBA atm
              i know that`s all that i could find out well i can`t wait to get this ac3 & the last of us

Comment

Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Star Wars 1313 & Assassin's Creed 3 have been the most impressive games I've seen so far. It's always refreshing to see new IP. I'm glad companies are still taking chances out there (unlike those that pump out the same crap every year).

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X