Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Island Sequel to Retail for $50

After all, “it’s the end of a console cycle.”

Perhaps the most random announcement out of E3 week was from publisher Deep Silver, who announced that Polish developer Techland is working on a sequel to its surprise 2011 hit Dead Island. It’s called Dead Island: Riptide, and as of right now, we know very little about it.

But what we do know, thanks to Deep Silver’s Aubrey Norris, is that Dead Island: Riptide will be retailing for $10 less than what most retail games typically sell for. Sleuths at Ripten noticed that online stores had Riptide priced at $50. Inquiring with Ms. Norris via Twitter, they learned that the price is “not a placeholder” and that Dead Island: Riptide, while “not a remake” of the original, will still be sold at $50 due to it coming out at “the end of a console cycle.”

All we know otherwise is that the game is slated to come to Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, and that an “extensive reveal” for Dead Island: Riptide is set to come sometime this summer.

I hope it's better than the first one. I really wanted to like that game but it sucked.

Comment

Wont be buying unless I have money to burn lol

Dead Island was a big dissapointment.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X