Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘Terminal’ On Its Way To Modern Warfare 3 For Free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Terminal’ On Its Way To Modern Warfare 3 For Free?

Previously reported on retro Call of Duty maps ”Terminal” and “Shipbreaker” appearing in the map selection list of Modern Warfare 3′s private match menu, well Modern Warfare 2 Map ‘Terminal’ might be making its way to the game as a free download, according to Mark Rubin, Developer at Infinity Ward.

Mark Rubin said via Twitter that the previous leak of the maps was “unfortunate” and that Terminal and Shipbreaker were included as “preparation for upcoming DLC maps”. Rubin went on to say “Terminal is still on the fence but we are ready if we can launch that one.” We will have to wait a while for Terminal, even if it does make its way off the production line, with Rubin saying, “Still weeks of work to get in on the map”.

Before Robert bowling resigned from Infinity Ward not too long ago, he talked about giving fans classic maps free of charge, even though he is now gone from the company, his idea might live on, as Rubin stated, “I’m trying to get to get Terminal out and yes it will be free”. I like free stuff and considering how Activision are known for their greedy attitude, the sight of free content shows there is hope for the publisher yet. Rubin will be looking to next week to finalize its deployment, if it manages not to run into issues and that the Xbox 360 one month exclusivity deal might apply, damn you Microsoft!

We don’t know in what form Terminal will release, it could be a Special Ops mission, a normal multiplayer map or made smaller to fit the new Face-Off game mode. Either way, it will be nice to see a map from back when Infinity Ward had a notion. I know what everyone else is thinking, let’s bring “Highrise” into the equation, am I right? What classic map would you like to see in Modern Warfare 3?
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X