EA Labels President has Seen PS4, Next Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Labels President has Seen PS4, Next Xbox

Could a reveal from Sony and Microsoft not be too far off?

Sony and Microsoft may not be prepared to talk about their next-gen consoles, but that doesn't mean other industry figures feel the same.

At his keynote address during Gamescom's opening ceremony, EA's president of labels Frank Gibeau teased that he has already seen both the PS4 and Xbox 720.

Free-to-play will become the dominant pricing model by the end of the decade.

"I've seen both of them," he said in an address highlighting the industry's future. "Ten years ago we used to measure our market in terms of 200 million people. Now we are at a billion people playing games and we have a straight line view on 2 billion."

Though rumours about the next generation consoles have been swirling for some time, both Sony and Microsoft have remained quiet on the status of their next consoles. Despite reports last week that Microsoft had discussed the "next Xbox" in an interview, the company quickly came out to explain its words had been taken out of context.

Whether Gibeau has seen actual working models of the consoles, or just early prototypes isn't clear. But could the fact that he's referenced them publicly mean that Sony and Microsoft may not be far off doing the same?

Gibeau rounded off his keynote by echoing Peter Moore's words about free-to-play in the industry, saying, "Free-to-play will become the dominant pricing model by the end of the decade."

I'm gonna lose my mind on how spectacular the ps4 will be when it comes out at this juncture

Any rumored dates?

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

fuck da next generation, its way 2 early man

look at Watch Dogs n Beyond: Two Souls

this generation is getting better n better with each new release, they should hold up for a few more yearz coz this generation is still growing n hasnt reached its full potential
      sigpic

My MAL Profile
      My CG Acapellas
      Shabada shabadabadaba
      I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now

Comment

New consoles be out next year.
        It make homos game at females.

Comment

So what's everyone going for?

Anyone going to try out something different?
          Love.

Comment

It's certainly not too early as this generation of consoles started 7 years ago. With that said, I'm still satisfied with my 360. I have no reason to upgrade at the moment. Still have a ton of great games to get to. The next generation can fuck off for now. But it's inevitable that within the next 2 years, 3 new consoles will be out.

Comment

"free 2 play" or "free-to-play" first sounds very good and cheap but wih many goodies you have to buy to be good in or reach the end of a game i call that a smoke screen of "HIDDEN COSTS", cause many a little makes a mickle.
              collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                "free 2 play" or "free-to-play" first sounds very good and cheap but wih many goodies you have to buy to be good in or reach the end of a game i call that a smoke screen of "HIDDEN COSTS", cause many a little makes a mickle.
                Yeah similar to in game purchases with apps...can't wait for the we ps4...hoping to c sum thing crazy from nintendo

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X