Rare Atari Game Sells For $33,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Atari Game Sells For $33,000

A rare Atari 2600 game was found in October, and sold over the weekend... for a staggering $33,433.

According to Yahoo's Plugged In blog, Pomona, California man, Harv Bennett, and his daughter recently dug out their box of old Atari games, from storage, and unearthed a copy of Air Raid, an extreme rare gem among collector's that some consider the Holy Grail of Atari 2600 games.

The sale hit a record, making it the highest sale mark for the game to date. In 2010, a copy of the title sold for $31,600.

And, just recently, another boxed copy sold on eBay for just under $14,000. Bennett's copy was in much better condition, plus it contains the game's original instruction manual, which apparently has never been found intact before.

While their auction, make Air Raid the most expensive Atari 2660 game ever, it fell short of the all time record price paid for a video game -- $55,000. Back in early August, an extreme rare prototype cartridge of Nintendo's original The Legend of Zelda sold for that huge pricetag on eBay. The seller originally placed it for $150,000, but would later settle.

Seriously, dafuuq

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

I can understand some unreleased Rockstar GTA game, but some game from a console 30 years ago waha

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
      Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
        I can understand some unreleased Rockstar GTA game, but some game from a console 30 years ago waha
        because back in the day they didnt give a fuck about Rockstar and GTA ...this kind of games have a sentimental value for people...it's a childhood memory
        last year a game was sold for 43k or 48k

a comic of superman's first appearance was sold for ~$2.500.000,00
        My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
        Vinyls: 60
        Cassettes: 110
        CDs: 216

Comment

It's mad to think that game sold for $33,000!!! And the owners not knowing the true value of it until they took it out of storage and tried to sell it.

I often think this happens to a lot of 2pac stuff. People buy the single or something back in the day, put it in a box in the loft when they have finished with it and forget about it. Not knowing that it can sell for $$$ on ebay. Sad.

What's your favorite scary movie?

Comment

i still have an atari joystick from 1988... wonder if i can sell that ... lol

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X