Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 rakes in $500 million in first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 rakes in $500 million in first day

Activision announced today Call of Duty Black Ops 2 made $500 million on its first day at retail, eclipsing the franchise's previous record of $400 million as set by Modern Warfare 3 last year. Back then Modern Warfare 3 sold 6.5 million copies in the US and UK to make that figure, suggesting even greater numbers of copies sold this time around.

Black Ops 2 shifted 1 million copies at GameStop on day one alone, while Amazon noted it became the site's most pre-ordered game ever. We can expect an even more eye-popping amount in around a week's time, when Activision will likely reveal the five-day sales figure. Last year Activision disclosed Modern Warfare 3 made $775 million in its first five days, and at this rate Black Ops 2 will have its eyes set on ten figures for the same mark.

played it today for the first time... mw3 is MUCH better lol, cant fuck with mw3 s&d...

Comment

Originally posted by Loyalty View Post
      played it today for the first time... mw3 is MUCH better lol, cant fuck with mw3 s&d...
      I agree i played the campaign only though but it sucked was horrible it has nothing on the modern warfare titles

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
        I agree i played the campaign only though but it sucked was horrible it has nothing on the modern warfare titles
        i personally dislike every single call of duty single player mode after mw1.... they are all so easy to beat, like its made for kids, really no competition...

i only play multiplayer search & destroy

Comment

im glad to see that everyone like mw titles better .. just never enjoyed black ops all that much .. although the character of viktor reznov is awesome

Comment

This doesn't really surprise me. It's an awesome game. And C.O.D. always does well in the gaming world box-office.

What's your favorite scary movie?

Comment

I've been playing nothing but this game since the midnight release & already at level 55. I probably won't prestige tho. MW3 burned me out on doing that. This is a great game, but was released buggy. Why does that pic show walking robot things? I haven't seen anything like that in the multiplayer.

Comment

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 rakes in $500 million in first day

Originally posted by skitzo View Post
                I've been playing nothing but this game since the midnight release & already at level 55. I probably won't prestige tho. MW3 burned me out on doing that. This is a great game, but was released buggy. Why does that pic show walking robot things? I haven't seen anything like that in the multiplayer.
                Walking things are from the campaign.

Sent from my LG-P690b using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Next year it'll be $499,999,940.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
                  Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X