'A few too many' Resident Evil games in past two years, producer says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'A few too many' Resident Evil games in past two years, producer says

Capcom learned a few lessons about market saturation over the past two years, Resident Evil: Revelations producer Masachika Kawata told Video Gamer. In terms of Resident Evil launches, Kawata said, "I think certainly looking at the last year or two, there probably were a few too many."

Additionally, Kawata said that Capcom "learned last year that putting on a lot of titles would not necessarily win over gamers."

Capcom dropped four Resident Evil games throughout 2011 and 2012: The Mercenaries 3D, Revelations, Operation Raccoon City and 6. Next in line is Resident Evil: Revelations, the 3DS game, coming to Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U in May.

Kawata noted that altering the Resident Evil launch pattern alone wouldn't make the games better, but it could be part of a solution.

"At the same time, I don't think we should just stagger them out artificially because that's the solution to the problem we have." he said. "We should always start by asking how do we make the games better. And if the solution to making the games better is to have a more staggered release than we've had recently then that's something we'll do. But we'll do it for that reason and not just for flipping what we've done already."

they should go back to the roots!!!
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Resident Evil Revelations had more of an original feel, loved it on the 3DS now its coming to console I hope its just as good I could care less for Resi 5, 6 and Raccon City. These are not real Resdient Evil games
      My Current PC
      i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

Originally posted by mat_turbo View Post
        I could care less for Resi 5, 6 and Raccon City. These are not real Resdient Evil games
        you forgot RE 4

RE games you need are:

Resident Evil original & remake
        Resident Evil 2
        Resident Evil 3
        Resident Evil Code Veronica
        Resident Evil Zero

the Outbreak games were also good

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
          you forgot RE 4

RE games you need are:

Resident Evil original & remake
          Resident Evil 2
          Resident Evil 3
          Resident Evil Code Veronica
          Resident Evil Zero

the Outbreak games were also good
          Resident Evil 4 was good for me it did break away from the originals but still had that feel and made me jump a few good times
          My Current PC
          i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

Originally posted by mat_turbo View Post
            Resident Evil 4 was good for me it did break away from the originals but still had that feel and made me jump a few good times
            nah, Resident Evil 4 was the beginning of the crap era, you have to accept that

Comment

Re: 'A few too many' Resident Evil games in past two years, producer says

I only played Code Veronica on dreamcast was a great game though.. just my 2¢

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I personally agree with you guys about the newer ones not having that classic RE feel however #4 i did enjoy but it was the start of things to change in the series like Exodus said

Comment

The last time I played a resident evil game was for the og playstation haha

Comment

I only play RE2 on PC sometimes. These games started to suck a long time ago. I don't see what's so hard about making creepy dark games running around killing zombies. It seems like a pretty simple concept, but these guys are scratching their heads like it's rocket science. This is why music & games aren't as good as before. People always want change. Thanks to change people are listening to Lil Wayne and playing RE6. lol

Comment

I've only played 5 & 6.

5 I thought was bad ass and awesome! Lots of fun and great graphics! I liked the mercenaries mode too that added replay value to it.

6, it's alright not that great honestly. I do like how you have 3 campaigns and you can play each one as either character and you can have a friend co op with you. But I don't understand the game saves vi can beat half a level and quit then start later and have to do it all again! Game bores me because I play a level at a time in order to not lose any progress. Gets old.

Never played the other games mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                        I've only played 5 & 6.

5 I thought was bad ass and awesome! Lots of fun and great graphics! I liked the mercenaries mode too that added replay value to it.

6, it's alright not that great honestly. I do like how you have 3 campaigns and you can play each one as either character and you can have a friend co op with you. But I don't understand the game saves vi can beat half a level and quit then start later and have to do it all again! Game bores me because I play a level at a time in order to not lose any progress. Gets old.

Never played the other games mentioned.
                        so you played the crap parts of this game serie

Comment

so you played the crap parts of this game serie
                          Lol evidently from what the real fans of the series say. I just couldn't go back to bad graphics now lol. If I knew the game at the time I could revisit but I don't know about a new experience.

i wish they'd reboot Dino crisis and make a bad ass game. Dinosaurs > zombies IMO although both are great.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                            Lol evidently from what the real fans of the series say. I just couldn't go back to bad graphics now lol. If I knew the game at the time I could revisit but I don't know about a new experience.

i wish they'd reboot Dino crisis and make a bad ass game. Dinosaurs > zombies IMO although both are great.
                            they released a remake of Resident Evil 1 on Gamecube ...the graphic still looks dope

+ graphic isnt that important!!! look, FF13 looks fantastic but FF6 which was on SNES is much better

look at this amazing awesomeness ...one of the best games ever created (original & remake)

Comment

they released a remake of Resident Evil 1 on Gamecube ...the graphic still looks dope

+ graphic isnt that important!!! look, FF13 looks fantastic but FF6 which was on SNES is much better

look at this amazing awesomeness ...one of the best games ever created (original & remake)
                              I skimmed through it. The graphics aren't that bad really. I hated those load screens with the doors and ladders lmao.

I do agree that graphics don't make a game. But it does make it more enjoyable. But most of these older games are better than new games. It's like they don't make them the same anymore. Story wise and all.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X