No announcement yet.

The Aliens In Colonial Marines Are So Stupid, You Don’t Even Need To Shoot Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aliens In Colonial Marines Are So Stupid, You Don’t Even Need To Shoot Them

Last night, my review briefly touched on the disappointing enemy AI in Aliens: Colonial Marines—often, Xenos would run straight at you. According to this video by PCGamesN, it gets worse.

You can straight up run through the aliens, who forget about you once you're far enough (and by "far enough" I mean "once you're behind them.")

Mind: this video is the game on a higher difficulty—'Hardened'. The player is able to get through the entire level without firing a single shot.

I suppose the bright side to this is, if the awful shooting sound effects are driving you up the wall, welp. Maybe you don't have to shoot at all.
    [MENTION=3662]MCNewYork71 man the ai is horrible check this out.

The Aliens In Colonial Marines Are So Stupid, You Don’t Even Need To Shoot Them

[MENTION=2399]GreenL420 FML "game over man!" Lol damn man that's crazy! The guy at the end if the video that charges the scientist looks like Woods from COD BO1 lmao!

Man I started last night out it on "ultimate badass" or whatever the highest difficulty was. It wasn't super hard and I probably could run through it had I beat the game once on a lower difficulty to know the game. But I beat the first 2 levels on that difficulty then got tired of dying and put it in soldier for the next 2 levels and somewhere in there running from exploding aliens I passed out stoned playing! Lmao!!!!

But man I am disappointed so far with a few things.

1 - when you die that fucking black and white screen is too long of a wait until you restart from check point.

2 - when you die, you just die there's no cool alien bursting your head open or tearing you apart like all the trailers showed.

3 - the graphics of the computers and stuff looks like goldeneye 007. And that fag showing gameplay months ago was like "look at the detail" bet he feels dumb after reviews!

4 - the damn yutani guys you fight. They're annoying. The movie never featured a war with people. In alien 3 yeah at the end they tried to stop ripley but to my knowledge beyond that there was never a war. Maybe the confusion on the resurrection movie but it was out there anyways. So I don't like killing people on an alien game!

5 - new alien breeds, yeah the aliens take the form or characteristics of the host. But I don't like that all these new aliens appear. The fuckers were never in the 4 alien movies or the 2 avp movies. So why add them to a game? For variety yeah but come on stay true to the movies.

Other than that I'm enjoying it. It's cool to add to the alien story IMO. Be a cool movie too I think.

EDIT

also since I don't have online at home one other thing I hate about the game is you can't do any multiplayer stupid without online! That's bullshit. Why can't I play death match with AI so I can try the alien character!?!? Why can't I play the survival mode without being online?!? Gay gay gay! Is it that hard to use AI I mean shit. Black ops 1&2 both have AI so you can play offline just like you can online. It just pisses me off!
    Last edited by MCNewYork71; 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X