Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GameStop Says 60% Of Surveyed Gamers Wouldn’t Buy A Console If It Blocks Used Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameStop Says 60% Of Surveyed Gamers Wouldn’t Buy A Console If It Blocks Used Games

Hard times could be getting harder for GameStop, the massive store chain that buys and sells video games all across North America. Already challenged by gaming's increasingly digital future, GameStop now has to face the prospect of a new Xbox that will block used games, if recent reports are true.

But what about us? According to GameStop chief financial officer Rob Lloyd, the company's internal research shows that 60% of customers aren't interested in buying a console that won't play used games. 60%!

Speaking at Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference (as reported by VG247), Lloyd said he's skeptical that people will be interested in the new Xbox if rumors are true.

"Consumers want the ability to play pre-owned games, they want portability in their games; they want to play physical games," he said. "And to not have those things would be a substantial reason for them not to purchase a new console."

GameStop Says 60% Of Surveyed Gamers Wouldn’t Buy A Console If It Blocks Used G

I'm glad GameStop did done surveying. I hope that this shit doesn't come out to block used games. Then I couldn't say "hey! Ill bring my game over to your house and we can play co op" now it'll be "hey ill bring my console to your house so we can play together" if they don't have the game them self. Pisses me off.

Comment

gaming industry is in the millions, i dont see why making such a limitation would be worth the extra cash (assuming people do tolerate it)

i hate the idea personally

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
        I'm glad GameStop did done surveying. I hope that this shit doesn't come out to block used games. Then I couldn't say "hey! Ill bring my game over to your house and we can play co op" now it'll be "hey ill bring my console to your house so we can play together" if they don't have the game them self. Pisses me off.
        I don't bring my console anywhere but some people do my buddy never left home without his ps3 when he came to my place so he could play his console i could play mine lol
        Last edited by GreenL420; 02-13-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
          I don't being my console anywhere but some people do my buddy never left home without his ps3 when he came to my place so he could play his console i could play mine lol
          Well that's not a bad idea if you have a LAN connection an can co op or something. But for me and my no Internet at home, we have to use the same console on split screen :-/ I'd love to have a whole screen and play co op!

Comment

Well that's not a bad idea if you have a LAN connection an can co op or something. But for me and my no Internet at home, we have to use the same console on split screen :-/ I'd love to have a whole screen and play co op!
            Yea well i got my 42 inch and then 2 24 inch monitors and got them all easily ready to hook up to pc or console or tv lol

Comment

Yea well i got my 42 inch and then 2 24 inch monitors and got them all easily ready to hook up to pc or console or tv lol
              Damn bro! Ballin!!!! Lol I've got a 40" LCD. Had it for years. I'd like a newer tv but this works fine.

Comment

Damn bro! Ballin!!!! Lol I've got a 40" LCD. Had it for years. I'd like a newer tv but this works fine.
                Yea that's just in my room living room got a 57' LED and my mother got a 37' led so no shortage of tvs to play on.

Comment

I buy only new games, so I dont care
                  My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                  Vinyls: 60
                  Cassettes: 110
                  CDs: 216

Comment

Yea that's just in my room living room got a 57' LED and my mother got a 37' led so no shortage of tvs to play on.
                    Nice. I bought my mom a 40" LCD a few years ago for Christmas lol so that's in the living room and mine is in my room. But if like to have an LED but I remember that the movie "the dark knight" looked like it was shot on an amateur camera because it looked so real so I was iffy on them. You know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Nice. I bought my mom a 40" LCD a few years ago for Christmas lol so that's in the living room and mine is in my room. But if like to have an LED but I remember that the movie "the dark knight" looked like it was shot on an amateur camera because it looked so real so I was iffy on them. You know what I'm talking about?
                      Yep i certainly do they are so clear they the movement is kinda screwed up and stuff it is noticeable quite a bit but ya get used to it never gamed on the big one yet might have to see if its the same.

Comment

Yep i certainly do they are so clear they the movement is kinda screwed up and stuff it is noticeable quite a bit but ya get used to it never gamed on the big one yet might have to see if its the same.
                        You better go gaming lol that big tv would be nice. I think I'm going to invest in an hd projector next hell with a tv.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X