No announcement yet.

PS4 announcement rumored next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question is will we have to buy supporting technology to go with the new console

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
      Except the new one on the pic is just a prototype although i imagine it will be quite similar.
      Comparison of PS3 controller to prototype PS4 controller.

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
        Oh i know it was mentioned in the article as well as the huge pic with brackets lol i was just pointing out that the comparison can't really be great until we see the final product

Comment

Im so used to the ps3 controller. Hoping for an easy transition

Comment

That is the theory of the companies, not mine. They start with super high prices most times, so they make some money with the die hard fans, that want it on the first day.

Im not saying ur not, i am just explaining their theory.

But see, I don't care much about this. I don't play PC. Therefore in my eyes, the graphics are fine. I've never been much of a graphics whore anyway. Gameplay, story & music/soundtrack are more important than graphics to me.

Lmfao

So if I don't buy it full price when it comes out I'm not a real fan? Guess I'm mainstream. Lol

Mainstream to me are those idiots that play Kinect & PS Move. But I guess we have different definitions of mainstream fans.

FYI, I don't pay full price for games nowadays either (especially considering most go on sale for a third off within a month). 95% of games are released broken anyway that need patches within the first week of release. If they can't give me a functioning game, they don't deserve me paying full price. I patiently wait for GOTY/Complete/Ultimate Editions that include everything a game has to offer (DLC) with all the kinks worked out.

Take a note from last gen, the RROD with the 360, the YLOD with the PS3. I'm going to see if the systems properly work first (& don't die) before I decide on putting up 4 or 500 hundred bucks. But like I already said, got a huge backlog of games. I'm not going to just not play them because these companies are deciding to come out with their next systems. I doubt they're going to be backwards compatible anyway.

Comment

Those new functions on the prototype looks wicked, I just hope it isn't that fat and bulky

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
              Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

But see, I don't care much about this. I don't play PC. Therefore in my eyes, the graphics are fine. I've never been much of a graphics whore anyway. Gameplay, story & music/soundtrack are more important than graphics to me.

Lmfao

So if I don't buy it full price when it comes out I'm not a real fan? Guess I'm mainstream. Lol

Mainstream to me are those idiots that play Kinect & PS Move. But I guess we have different definitions of mainstream fans.

FYI, I don't pay full price for games nowadays either (especially considering most go on sale for a third off within a month). 95% of games are released broken anyway that need patches within the first week of release. If they can't give me a functioning game, they don't deserve me paying full price. I patiently wait for GOTY/Complete/Ultimate Editions that include everything a game has to offer (DLC) with all the kinks worked out.

Take a note from last gen, the RROD with the 360, the YLOD with the PS3. I'm going to see if the systems properly work first (& don't die) before I decide on putting up 4 or 500 hundred bucks. But like I already said, got a huge backlog of games. I'm not going to just not play them because these companies are deciding to come out with their next systems. I doubt they're going to be backwards compatible anyway.
                I feel you on that. But to think the next consoles haven't been thoroughly tested for years for YLOD's and rings of death is just really silly. Companies don't just complete the product and throw it out to the world, especially something as big and universal as the next gens. They invest more time making sure we dont encounter those errors. But of course 1 in 100 consoles produced may be a defective unit

Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
                  I feel you on that. But to think the next consoles haven't been thoroughly tested for years for YLOD's and rings of death is just really silly. Companies don't just complete the product and throw it out to the world, especially something as big and universal as the next gens. They invest more time making sure we dont encounter those errors. But of course 1 in 100 consoles produced may be a defective unit
                  You have to admit, they fucked up big time trying to rush the release of the systems this generation. I can't speak for the PS3 YLOD situation, but from like 2006 to about maybe 2009 I went through like 6 360's. That number was probably more like 1 in 20 systems catching that RROD. That shit was spread like a plague. Lol

These companies are so eager to get their stuff to the market that quality assurance falls by the wayside. You see it with games and you see it with the systems as well. They have the idiotic mentality of "release now, patch later." It makes you wonder if anything even gets tested anymore. I'm really hoping that they've learned their lesson this time around.

Comment

You have to admit, they fucked up big time trying to rush the release of the systems this generation. I can't speak for the PS3 YLOD situation, but from like 2006 to about maybe 2009 I went through like 6 360's. That number was probably more like 1 in 20 systems catching that RROD. That shit was spread like a plague. Lol

These companies are so eager to get their stuff to the market that quality assurance falls by the wayside. You see it with games and you see it with the systems as well. They have the idiotic mentality of "release now, patch later." It makes you wonder if anything even gets tested anymore. I'm really hoping that they've learned their lesson this time around.
                    Ive got two ps3s, bought a new one this year because the lasers kinda worn out on the old one. Although never any YLODs. So maybe you should join the Sony family and save yourself the constant deaths of your XBOX consoles

Comment

I had one Ps3 with YLOD, but that was after 5-6 years. I have the Ps3 slim now, its still working fine.

I had 4 xboxs, because that RROD lol.

Comment

i bought my ps3 in 2008, still have the same one, and i played ALOT trust me ALOT lol

as for the controller, there is only one thing that i need on my ps controller, that is the cursor, the cursor should not change, i hate xbox controller because of the cursor, thats the most important thing for me... sure, there are games where u dont even need the cursor, but there are some where u need it, and i need the usual style of the ps cursor..

i cant wait for the ps4, wont buy it directly when it comes out cause the price will be insane i know this.. i will just wait til it gets under the 400€ range.. even when i have to wait one year, i dont care

Comment

PS4 announcement rumored next week

[MENTION=2717]LabelMeAnOutlaw [MENTION=856]L-Booma wasn't it a rumor or maybe true that Sony lost money when ps3 sold? I know that sounds really stupid because who would sell something and not make profit but that's what I remember years ago.

Also about that controller. Looks alright but Sony has been pretty loyal to the traditional controller. That prototype seems like a lot of additions but who knows. Thanks for sharing. I'm anxious to see the announcement.

Comment

Xbox did have a big problem with rrod for awhile luckily the newer slim models don't suffer the same they work great but it was good of Microsoft to replace the rrod consoles for up to 3yrs when that happened i sent my old one out and had a new 360 in like 3-4 days so there was no complaining there on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
                              Ive got two ps3s, bought a new one this year because the lasers kinda worn out on the old one. Although never any YLODs. So maybe you should join the Sony family and save yourself the constant deaths of your XBOX consoles
                              Haha, last generation I was a part of both families (PS2 first actually). Haven't had a 360 death since 2009. Same console for 4 years. I know, what an accomplishment for Microsoft! Lol

You know what I think saved it though? The ability to put my games onto the hard drive (for the first few years, you weren't able to do this). The console doesn't have to work nearly as much with a game in anymore. I credit that more than anything. I'm sure the slim model doesn't have a problem either way but I have one of the last old white consoles they sold (60 GB). Thankfully I haven't needed to upgrade. Although those slim models do look nice.

As for PS3, I'm still considering picking one up even this late in the console cycle. But more because it's a Blu-Ray player. Though I will admit there's quite a few exclusives I'd love to play. That controller though, can't stand it. I love the 360 controller. It's perfect IMO.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X