Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops Say Dad, Visiting Badly Burned Son, Stole Three Game Consoles From a Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops Say Dad, Visiting Badly Burned Son, Stole Three Game Consoles From a Hospital

A five-year-old boy playing with a cigarette lighter set his shirt on fire and went to the hospital with serious burns on Wednesday. Cops allege that his father went to the hospital's family waiting room, and consoled himself with a Wii, PlayStation and Xbox raided from a supply cabinet.

Pittsburgh police say that Jim Skursky was at UPMC Mercy Hospital to see his son, who was burned in an accident at Skursky's grilfriend's home outside of the city. A neighbor said the boy had caught his shirt on fire, burning himself on his chest, back and underarms. The neighbor put out the fire.

A reporter for WPXI-TV said Skursky made off with a "Wii, Xbox, Sony Playstation and some controllers," making this the first console heist ever to span three generations. (Two if you don't count the Wii.) I'm betting he actually grabbed a 360, PS2 and Wii, though it's possible an original Xbox or PS3 could have been involved. Who knows. It's February sweeps, and local TV news has never given a shit for reporting the actual correct names of video games or their consoles, that is well established.

Skursky is facing theft charges and a loss of eligibility for father of the year. His son has gone through surgery, though the boy's grandmother says he is doing well now.

Thanks for the story, I might try my luck sometime.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

I wouldn't be as greedy as this guy though, a PS3 or WIi would ve gravy. If I only saw a 360 in front of me, with writing on a piece of paper above it saying "steal me", id still just walk on by

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
      Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X