An NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA, All In One Voltron Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA, All In One Voltron Console

With a new generation of game consoles on the horizon, people have had backwards compatibility on the mind. For those who want to play old games without keeping a ton of old consoles around, there's the Hyperkin Retron 3, which can play NES, SNES and Sega Genesis carts all in a single unit.

This week, Hyperkin announced their newest console, the Retron 4, which is even more ambitious than the 3. (The 3 is pictured above.) It'll add Game Boy Advance compatibility to the mix, as well as HDMI output.

From the Retron 4 press release

RetroN 4 Points of Interest:
    · 2 Original Controller Ports for Each Platform (6 Total)
    · Wireless Bluetooth Controller
    · 4 Cartridge Ports for NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA cartridges
    · HDMI Output with Digital Signal Conversion
    · "Perdana" Digital User Interface
    · PAL and NTSC compatible

Nice. Given that the image up top is of the Retron 3, it's still not clear what the 4 will look like. Maybe something less candy-colored? Though hell, this thing could be bright green and orange and I'd still want one. Hyperkin says they'll announce more details about the Retron 4 at the Midwest Gaming Classic in March.

so will this just be using the old school cartridge or will we be able to download roms for it?.. great idea especially with the hdmi out and original controller ports

Comment

Re: An NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA, All In One Voltron Console

Woulda loved this in the early 2000's but now every phone can run emulators i had my old xbox modded with all the old console games an they played fine. I see this more for like the die hard fans trying to recreate the feeling from 20 years ago

sent from my Cricket Note 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Blax View Post
        so will this just be using the old school cartridge or will we be able to download roms for it?.. great idea especially with the hdmi out and original controller ports
        most likely just cartridge based but im not 100% sure

Comment

Depending on the price id definitely be interested in this, its just not the same on an emulator to having the original cart/controller etc
          My Current PC
          i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

I'm gonna pick one up I love buying old of Snes nes and megadrive cartridges

Infact I picked up psycho fox, sonic 2 and ghost busters from a local shop here the other day for less then £8
            Letz be friendz

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X