Mike Capps Leaves Advisory Role at Epic Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Capps Leaves Advisory Role at Epic Games

Former Epic Games president Mike Capps has left the company, after completing a short spell in an advisory role.

Capps, who officially retired late last year, is now looking forward to giving something back to the industry he had worked in for so long.

"So what's next for me? Games have been so good to me, and I'm delighted to have the time to give back,” Capps wrote on Facebook. “I'm a member of several game industry boards, and I'm proud to serve as an advocate for our art in Washington.”

"I'm considering seats on a few company and advisory boards, as well as options for teaching at one of the world-class universities in the North Carolina Triangle area. And mostly, I'm focused on being a new dad in a few short weeks."

In a statement, Epic Games added, "When Mike Capps retired last year, he stayed on the board in an advisory role. As we've been mapping out the future for the new Epic Games, we decided it was best to get a fresh start with the new management.

“We thank Mike for his years of service at Epic and we wish him well in retirement and fatherhood."

With Gears of War: Judgment preparing to hit shelves, and Capps' odd advisory role period finished, it's time to wave goodbye. We wish him the best of luck.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X