Next Call of Duty Reportedly Called ‘Ghosts’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Call of Duty Reportedly Called ‘Ghosts’

Activision’s next Call of Duty title is reportedly called Call of Duty: Ghosts. The rumor comes via YouTube user Drift0r who claims that a “very legitimate” source provided him with information regarding the game’s announcement, modes and much more.

According to Drift0r, Ghosts is straying away from the Modern Warfare brand but will similarly use present-day weaponry. The game is set in the future but a plot point will force characters to use weapons from the past. Ghosts will change player movement, allowing them to dash and slide while shooting, peek around corners and roll side-to-side while prone.

Ghosts allegedly features dynamic loading screens (such as rappelling from a helicopter or breaking a window to enter an area) and has destructive environments in single-player (these may be implemented in multiplayer later). Spec Ops has also been replaced by a new mode.

Ghosts will reportedly only be released on next-generation consoles and PC, which fits with previous rumors that Infinity Ward is creating a next-gen Call of Duty title. According to Drift0r, Ghosts is targeting early May for its announcement.

We’ve reached out to Activision about the rumor and will update this story with any comment we receive.

I hope this franchise crumbles, that would be so awesome

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
      I hope this franchise crumbles, that would be so awesome
      Never gonna happen to many die hards for cod out there.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
        Never gonna happen to many die hards for cod out there.
        Perhaps it'll crumble slowly? its the moment I read that bs "peeping around corners" that's just terrible, you can't add in those features to a COD

That's like, making a new Counter Strike but with perks and killstreaks!

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
        Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
          Perhaps it'll crumble slowly? its the moment I read that bs "peeping around corners" that's just terrible, you can't add in those features to a COD

That's like, making a new Counter Strike but with perks and killstreaks!
          It could eventually wear on people if they really stick to the same formula with the next gen i mean the games are new but the cod's all keep that basic format but its these dude that play it no matter what that keeps them churning out the same ol game perhaps if they see there fan base drop it would prompt them to make changes.I for one like to play a new cod when it comes out just to try it and beat the campaign and play the multi for a few months unlike one of my friends who just plays all the time none stop me i like to move on to other games as i play all different genres.i agree that peaking around corners and stuff is no good cod is a fps it should be kept that way there are plenty of other ways to be innovative.

Comment

I just hope they use a new game engine. BO2 showed this engine has reached it's limits. A next gen COD better be on Frostbite Engine or something otherwise they best start lowering the price. It's a ripoff paying $60 for a new game that might as well came out in 2006.

Comment

Bo2 was weak I hope it's better than it. I'm speaking on campaign with those stupid missions where u basically play king of the hill and control drones and shit. That was horrible and hard and not fun and keeps me from playing. I didn't even view all endings and I'm all about that shit.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X