‘Grand Theft Auto 5′ Images: Mayhem, Skydiving, & Purple Mountain Majesties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Grand Theft Auto 5′ Images: Mayhem, Skydiving, & Purple Mountain Majesties

Following a steady flow of Grand Theft Auto 5 rumors that date back to November 2009, Rockstar Games finally announced the sequel in 2011 in a countdown tease to the first official GTA 5 trailer. Given the scope of a Grand Theft Auto title (not to mention the usual marketing run-up), most gamers expected to get their hands on the game sometime in 2012 – only to see the project delayed far into 2013.

In the meantime, Rockstar battened down the hatches and refrained from revealing spoilers for the Grand Theft Auto follow-up – causing many gamers to wonder what secrets the studio might be hiding. However, now that the developer has set a firm September 17th 2013 release date, we’re beginning to see another wave of PR materials coming down the pipeline. Today, we’re getting a sneak peek at the diverse and massive environments that make-up the Los Santos sandbox.

After prior screenshots provided a closer look at Grand Theft Auto 5‘s main protagonists - not to mention everything from fighter jets to shark-infested waters – the latest batch of images is focused on selling the scale of the setting. Upon release, Grand Theft Auto 4‘s Liberty City was easily one of the impressive and intricate open-world environments ever created in a video game. An energetic, living, breathing replica of New York City, Liberty City was an enormous and highly-detailed sandbox for gamers to explore and destroy – right down to painstaking details that copied or riffed-on real-life neighborhood locales. However, since the game’s release in 2008, developers (Rockstar Games included) have significantly upped the ante for sandbox action games – Assassin’s Creed 3, Saints Row: The Third, L.A. Noire, and Red Dead Redemption to name a few.

In Grand Theft Auto 5, Rockstar Games appears to be taking a page from their western-inspired critical and commercial RDR hit – with an enormous sandbox set to include a variety of locales: a remote mountain pass, lively boardwalk amusement park, and even underwater scuba exploration.

The images don’t provide additional insight into the core plot or characters (that’s why we have the Grand Theft Auto 5 story trailer) but, instead, place the city (and surrounding areas) of Los Santos front and center. Without a doubt, the Grand Theft Auto series is known for its crazy storyline and loony batch of antiheroes (and stone-cold villains) but most players will agree that the “make your own fun” aspect of the title is what keeps them coming back – trying to create enough pandemonium for a 5 Star “Wanted” level or cruising the darkened streets for ladies of the night.

As a result, it’s encouraging to see that the studio intends to deliver a bigger and more diverse playpen in their next GTA follow-up. Rockstar Games co-founder, and GTA 5 co-writer, once described Los Santos as “larger than life” and we’ll have to wait until the game releases to know for sure – but the new images certainly hint at the biggest (and possibly best) Grand Theft Auto experience to date.

Grand Theft Auto 5 releases September 17, 2012, for Xbox 360 and PS3.
    Attached Files

this is BULLSHT!!!

I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THIS IN MY HAND NEXT MONTH!!!

i cant wait any longer

Comment

[MENTION=747]Papaveli can you get rid of the attachment i don't know how that ended up on it lol

Comment

september? shit

Comment

Holy fuck balls, you can go scuba diving

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
          Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

looks good
            My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
            Vinyls: 60
            Cassettes: 110
            CDs: 216

Comment

Cant wait

Comment

I'm not too hyped. Usually when they show something cool you can't do it other than a mission or something like that. I can't think of an example but they've all had them in it. Honestly I'm not too pumped for this game. I've bought all gta games since 3 but I cancelled my pre order. I'll just get it when it comes out unless there's better perks other than a double sided poster which I have for sale if anyone's interested lol

Comment

Originally posted by Papaveli View Post
                  this is BULLSHT!!!

I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THIS IN MY HAND NEXT MONTH!!!

i cant wait any longer
                  i really respect them for pushing it back, i dont want them to rush it & put it out for the sake of making money *cough* Call of duty *cough*

I Know Death Follows Me
                  But
                  I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                    i really respect them for pushing it back, i dont want them to rush it & put it out for the sake of making money *cough* Call of duty *cough*
                    Cod or metal gear and assassins creed? Lol BOTH just dropped games and BOTH have already shown the next installment. Mother fuckers don't have a chance to beat the current one and the next game is coming out sooner than later lol!

AC is too repetitive they need some new ideas. So does GTA hopefully these new cool things skydiving and scuba diving, sharks, dogs and shit are in the game outside of missions.

Comment

you can properly expect how the graphics will be now, not as amazing as it seems in the trailers. will look like GTA4 but a bit better.

I hope Rockstar doesn't fuck around with the PC version and release an extremely crappy and unstable port.

Comment

I aint mad at rockstar since they've proven themselfs of being a top quality game developer studio. If they say they need more time thats cool id rather have them complete there idea since we only get Gta games every 5-6 years an i dont wana end up stuck playing a wakk release. The delay is the hard part but will be well worth it.

"Rockstar i aint mad at cha.. Got nothing but love for ya.. Do ya thang boy"

Ina pacs voice hahaha

sent from my Cricket Note 2

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X