New Metal Gear Solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Metal Gear Solid

So.... Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes = The Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid V

It's official.... Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Sounds better than Ground Zeroes IMO. I knew it was a long shot but I was hoping 2 Metal Gear Solid games were being made. Lol

Anyway, here's the GDC trailer (with analysis):

Edit:

IGN thinks it could still be 2 games.

Last edited by LabelMeAnOutlaw; 03-28-2013, 05:37 AM.

I cant fucking wait to play this game
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Looks astonishing, better than PC games. Cant wait.
      My Current PC
      i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

Seen this think we all knew that phantom pain was gonna be attached to metal gear however like you i thought it was gonna be 2 separate games perhaps but nope just another marketing ploy but ya would like to play this game but don't have a ps3 to do it perhaps when i buy the new 360 and ps4 ( yea that's right i said ill get both sony fans start attacking me as i bash sony alot but im intrigued by both console so its always good to have the best of both worlds)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
          would like to play this game but don't have a ps3 to do it perhaps when i buy the new 360 and ps4
          Being that Ground Zeroes had both the PS3 & 360 listed as platforms, it should be the same for Phantom Pain. I'm assuming they're the same thing.

Check the bottom for the Xbox 360 logo.

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
            Being that Ground Zeroes had both the PS3 & 360 listed as platforms, it should be the same for Phantom Pain. I'm assuming they're the same thing.

Check the bottom for the Xbox 360 logo.
            Even better i wonder if they will release for the new next gen consoles this year?

Comment

2 new MGS games ...I just ejaculated

Comment

latest trailer

Comment

Is this not the same as the one in the other thread?
                  My Current PC
                  i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

Originally posted by mat_turbo View Post
                    Is this not the same as the one in the other thread?
                    in this thread, lol ...you are right, my bad

Comment

Apparently "Ground Zeroes" takes place 9 years before "Phantom Pain". Sounds like Sons Of Liberty where you had the Tanker part and then years later the Shell part took place. Whether this is one or two games, you know this is going to be great.

Comment

so wait a minute im all stoned and shit is it the same game or is there two games coming? lol

Edit :

Separate games found out

One thing you should have noticed in the today's trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5 is the supposed voice work of Kiefer Sutherland. Sutherland is most certainly not David Hayter, previous voice talent for Big Boss and Solid Snake since the series' humble beginnings on PlayStation, who's indicated he won't be reprising a starring role.

"Well look, at least I had a good run," Hayter tweeted today, likely after seeing the news himself. He also replied "nope" to another Twitter user, who inquired if Hayter was asked to reprise his roles as voice actor. Snake losing his voice is quite a phantom pain in itself, except for the whole Kiefer Sutherland part.

Update: To clarify, the supposed voice of Sutherland can be heard from the bandaged man that is guiding Snake in the trailer, not Snake himself. Presumably, another voice actor has replaced Hayter.

Update 2: Contrary to what Kojima said during the GDC panel today, Konami has confirmed with Joystiq that Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain are indeed separate games.
                        Last edited by GreenL420; 03-30-2013, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
                          Update 2: Contrary to what Kojima said during the GDC panel today, Konami has confirmed with Joystiq that Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain are indeed separate games.
                          That's great news! Though it sounds almost too good to be true. But if Kojima himself confirmed it, there's nothing else to wonder about. Kojima did say that "Ground Zeroes" & "Phantom Pain" make up Metal Gear Solid V. So what exactly will the titles be?

Metal Gear Solid V (Part 1): Ground Zeroes
                          Metal Gear Solid V (Part 2): The Phantom Pain

???

Whatever they ending up being, I'm definitely buying both.

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
                            That's great news! Though it sounds almost too good to be true. But if Kojima himself confirmed it, there's nothing else to wonder about. Kojima did say that "Ground Zeroes" & "Phantom Pain" make up Metal Gear Solid V. So what exactly will the titles be?

Metal Gear Solid V (Part 1): Ground Zeroes
                            Metal Gear Solid V (Part 2): The Phantom Pain

???

Whatever they ending up being, I'm definitely buying both.
                            Perhaps your right a split game that be awesome looking forward to both of em.

Comment

Hideo Kojima Interview

Edit: A shame David Hayter won't be voicing Snake. First Splinter Cell Blacklist gets rid of Michael Ironside for the voice of Sam Fisher, now this. Shit, Hitman Absolution almost didn't have David Bateson do Agent 47's voice. These guys' voices are too important (iconic) to their respective series to just toss them to the side for someone else.
                              Last edited by LabelMeAnOutlaw; 03-30-2013, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X