Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bethesda Reveals ‘The Evil Within’ Trailer & Images from ‘Resident Evil’ Creator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethesda Reveals ‘The Evil Within’ Trailer & Images from ‘Resident Evil’ Creator

Fans of the survival-horror video game genre will likely know the name Shinji Mikami – he’s the one who mainstreamed the genre itself and created the wildly popular Resident Evil series in the process. As Bethesda teased yesterday, the legendary creator announced his latest project this morning. Titled The Evil Within, Mikami’s studio Tango Gameworks is working in conjunction with Bethesda to deliver fans a horrifying, exhilarating experience.

Though details on The Evil Within are scarce, Mikami’s work speaks for itself. More information is poised to surface in the coming weeks, which has left fans pondering whether the game will play out more as an action-horror as opposed to survival (looking at the screenshots, it’s certainly hard to tell). The game is giving off a 13 Ghosts vibe, and we’re excited to delve into the world of The Evil Within as more information becomes available.

To go along with the announcement, Tango Gameworks has provided fans a great batch of photos which aren’t for the faint of heart:

It seems like the so-called ‘Safe Monster’ in the second-to-last photo above may be The Evil Within’s variant of Pyramid Head, and also featured in the above live-action trailer (complete with blood and guts pouring from the safe itself).

It looks like publisher will be poised for a very busy year - the studio has braved a lot of new intellectual properties of late, with titles like Rage, Dishonored and now The Evil Within joining top-selling franchises like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. With the game set for release next year, there’s a high chance that the game will make an appearance at Bethesda’s typically elaborate setups at E3 2013 this year.

Mikami promised fans that the game would provide “the perfect blend of horror and action” – and with more news poised to come from the studio next week, all eyes are surely to be on his latest project.

The Evil Within is in production for Xbox 360, PS3, PC and next-generation consoles. It is slated for release next year.

Looks cool, but i want a new fallout!!!!!

Comment

saw the pics and trailer yesterdday ...looks good ...I hope we will get finally a new great horror game

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
      Looks cool, but i want a new fallout!!!!!
      the gamers need a new horror game like Resident Evil 1 (1996) and Silent Hill 1 (1999)!!!!
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

Bethesda making a horror game its gonna be epic
        My Current PC
        i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

Looks promising, resident evil is not in the horror genre anymore..way too much action

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Looks really scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
              saw the pics and trailer yesterdday ...looks good ...I hope we will get finally a new great horror game

the gamers need a new horror game like Resident Evil 1 (1996) and Silent Hill 1 (1999)!!!!
              I second that

Comment

Gross-out horror is so boring. :P
                It make homos game at females.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X