‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ Officially Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ Officially Revealed

That didn’t take long. After teasing a new game on its official Twitter account, and hiding images across GameSpot, Bethesda has unveiled the new project in all of its Nazi buttkicking-fueled glory. As was heavily expect following the arrival of three unique screenshots, the title is a new installment in the Wolfenstein franchise – appropriately titled Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Set in the 1960′s in an alternate universe where the Nazi regime actually defeated the Allies and won World War II, the world has turned to ruins as the axis of evil has opted to build robot soldiers to aid them in their quest for world domination. That’s the infamous army’s goal anyway, but they didn’t account for the fact that B.J. Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein‘s main protagonist) is still alive, well, and ready for vengeance.

Taking place in Europe, or what’s left of it, Blazkowicz is tasked with an ”impossible counter-offensive” as a last ditch effort to push back the invading Nazi forces and finish off the fight. Since The New Order takes place in the 1960′s, America has been officially involved in trying to thwart Germany and other members of the Axis for nearly two decades – which makes Blazkowicz a lot older than in previous games.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is being developed by MachineGames, a Sweden-based studio that was founded by the same people that started up Starbreeze Studios – the dev responsible for the critically acclaimed Chronicles of Riddick. Understandably, the team is quite excited to be working on such a renown franchise, and Machine Games’ creative director Jens Matties says that it’s “an honor” to be involved with the project.

“We are excited to bring a new chapter of Wolfenstein to gamers everywhere. As fans of the series, working on this game is an honor, and our team is driven to create an unforgettable action-adventure experience that will make FPS fans proud.”

The new title will be powered by the iD Tech 5 engine, and is scheduled to release in ZeniMax’s 2013 4th quarter. Given that this time frame begins on October 1st and will run until December 31, that means that it’ll be available just in time for the Holidays. It’ll also be arriving on next-gen platforms, but Bethesda and ZeniMax aren’t elaborating on just which consoles those will be.

Wolfenstein: The New Order will be invading Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and next-generation platforms.

"Return To Castle Wolfenstein" is a fucking ultimate extreme hyper dope first person shooter and the multiplayer "Enemy Territoy" is my favorite multiplayer, it's so innovative!!!

the latest Wolfenstein was also good ...the only part I was missing were the secrets/secrets rooms
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

oh i didnt peep the last one but looking forward for an UK or US version - of course ... and wow with that Jimi Hendrix cut "All Along The Watchtower"
      Last edited by blacpain; 05-07-2013, 06:39 PM.
      collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Looks dope, i used to play Wolfenstein all the time as a child on my 486... Ahh good times
        I ain't choosing sides
        Hell nah,fuck everybody
        It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
        Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
        Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
        I'm bullet proof
        Blazed up on top of my man's roof
        Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
        Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
        It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
        Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
          "Return To Castle Wolfenstein" is a fucking ultimate extreme hyper dope first person shooter and the multiplayer "Enemy Territoy" is my favorite multiplayer, it's so innovative!!!

Exactly !my words....dope as fuck the game ...recently I tried to install it again "Return To Castle Wolfenstein" thats real shit...but only the UK and US Version

the new wolfenstein i dont like it, to strong deviations....bad "remake" -.-
          Last edited by Mr.Passion; 05-07-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X