Ubisoft ‘Suspends’ 1666

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubisoft ‘Suspends’ 1666

Ubisoft has confirmed that the former THQ Montreal project codenamed 1666 has been suspended. During a call reporting earnings for Ubisoft’s 2013 fiscal year, CEO Yves Guillemot said “we have suspended project 1666 for an undisclosed period of time.”

Guillemot also commented on Assassin’s Creed creator Patrice Desilets - the former head of the 1666 project - noting that “After more than two months of discussions with Patrice, we couldn’t align our visions both on the project development and team management. Consequently, our collaboration has ended.”

Last week, Desilets was fired from Ubisoft and called the company’s actions “baseless and without merit.” At the time, Desilets said he intended “to fight Ubisoft vigorously for my rights, for my team and for my game."

1666 is the codename of a project originally in development at THQ Montreal that was acquired by Ubisoft in January. Beyond its codename being revealed in court documents and a trademark, little is known about the project.

We’ve reached out to Ubisoft for additional comments and clarification and will update this story with any information we receive.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X