Report: Square Enix America CEO leaves, joins Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Square Enix America CEO leaves, joins Amazon

Square Enix America CEO Mike Fischer left the company this month and is now vice president of digital music and video for Amazon in Japan, Polygon reports. This follows news in April that Square Enix America eliminated "a number of positions" and Fischer was expected to leave in May. Those same reports said the head of marketing should be gone after E3, along with other employees in public relations.

In March, Square Enix President Yoichi Wada stepped down and the company announced widespread restructuring that it expected to cost $106 million. Square Enix posted a net loss of $134 million for fiscal year 2013, citing "weak" sales of major console games, including Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider, the last of which sold 3.4 million in its first month.

Square was a big company back in the day but now they are just a joke ....they release only FF games and the latest FF games were bad ...so instead of another FF game why not creating a new series or a sequel of following games: Bushido Blade, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, Ehrgeiz, Kingdom Hearts, Brave Fencer Musashi ...damn, come on guys FF isnt your only great game!!!
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Parasite eve that brings back memories.

Comment

Still cant believe they havent brought out KingdomHearts 3 yet smh with all these games storys that never get completed. Stil waiting for shenmue 3

sent from my Note 2

Comment

Originally posted by Rise58 View Post
          Stil waiting for shenmue 3
          true
          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
          Vinyls: 60
          Cassettes: 110
          CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...