Should I Buy Next Gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Buy Next Gen?

This is a question I seem to be asked a lot, especially at work, they aren’t all heavy gamers like me but they keep up with mainstream news, this question is put to me as I’m the only one who has taken the plunge and brought both the next-gen consoles. There is no definitive answer to this question but I’m going to give points as to why a next-gen console might be for you.

One guy at work had done his homework and knew all the details about the hardware within the new consoles and he was saying that it has such useless things such as an 8-core processor. I retorted to his statement that the hardware isn’t useless as developers might not use 8 cores now but who knows about 10 years in the future; this made him go quiet as he hadn’t thought of this and was just thinking about the here and now.

So to start, what are the main draws for next-gen?

Nothing is the answer you are looking for; consoles are about games and even with all the apps and gimmicky functions the new consoles have why would you buy one if you can get the same games on your current gen console?

The exclusive games for these consoles haven’t been all that impress with Xbox having Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising to the PS4 having just Killzone and Knack and I can’t say anyone I have spoken to have been all that crazy about these games. Personally I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Dead Rising and that was my main reason to pick up an Xbox. So how I see it is that maybe a next-gen console isn’t for you right now but eventually everyone will own one as all developers will shift game development solely to next-gen. Most of the titles that people are excited about are coming next year and this is when I would advise to pick one up, from January onwards there is a plethora of amazing gaming coming, including Infamous, The Division, Metal Gear Solid and that is just to name a few. The next year in next-gen gaming will really open up and I think by Xmas 2014 90% of all gamers will own one of the new next-gen consoles.

Having spent quite a bit of time with both my consoles I can say that if you were to purchase a next-gen console right now the main thing you would gain and notice is SPEED. Everything about both of the consoles Is extremely fast from jumping in and out of games to loading apps and looking at achievements; it’s all so fast and fluid I dread the day I have to go back to my PS3 to clean up old trophies or just replay some old classics. Apart from speed the next consoles offer beefier hardware which in the future newer games will defiantly use and anyone who doesn’t own next-gen will feel extremely left out.

Last gen was an amazing almost 10 years of gaming with so many great games and experiences; I can only see great things for these new consoles. Upcoming games look extremely promising and the OS updates for the consoles will only make them faster and better with more features and functionality.

All in all, the question still stands should I buy next-gen?

My simple answer to this is, if you’re like me and have to have all the new gaming hardware then go and buy yourself a next-gen console, you won’t be disappointed. If you’re more casual and you need something really amazing to be released for you to pick it up then just hold on to your current-gen and wait for that game to come along. At the end of the day like I said I think 90% of gamers will own a next-gen console at the end of next year due to the simple fact all the games people want to play will be getting released exclusively on next-gen. 2014 is shaping up to be an amazing year for next-gen and just an amazing year for gaming in general and I don’t think there is a better time to be a gamer than now.
    Love.

I'm gonna wait awhile till they fix the bugs with the first few shipments.

Comment

I got a Wii U recently because I couldn't get either the PS4 or X1 lol

I'd honestly just wait though. The catalog for both consoles don't look that impressive. I'm waiting until MGS V: PP is released which is in 2015. I feel like by then there won't be as high of a demand.
      A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
      & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
      & getting the benefits that go along with it
      Everythin that's out here for kings like us
      The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
      They don't understand is because we really from Africa
      & that's where all this stuff come from
      & we originated from kings

Comment

i dont see any MAJOR better qualities yet compared to the last GEN... lol... as soon as i see what these game developers can do with the new stuff ill concider buying a new one... but until then it seems im good with my ps3 and xbox 360

Comment

I'm waiting for games to release I don't care for the handful of them right now.

Comment

last few days i play ps4 and killzone, random game all random, nothing special. ps4 is better at all, but the starter games are horrible...xbox takes the cake at the start.

but better wait.
            He was a nice middle class nigga
            But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
            Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Originally posted by chatzon View Post
              last few days i play ps4 and killzone, random game all random, nothing special. ps4 is better at all, but the starter games are horrible...xbox takes the cake at the start.

but better wait.
              I enjoy Killzone, but I agree its not a super special game. The graphics are maybe the best from all release games (x1 and ps4), but the story is not super. But its nice to play and the gameplay is nice and a lot of action. Knack at the other hand is really bad hahaha.

Most X1 games have bad or average reviews as well, like Rise and Dead rising. I played both of the games as well, and was really dissapointed. Both games getting boring so fast and Rise is one of the worst games I ever played. That gameplay is wack as fuck.

I didnt played Forza, because im not a big race fan.

Battlefield is dope as fuck btw, the multiplayer is insane on the next gen. I think Killzone is the best exclusive game at the moment, from xbox and ps4.

Comment

killer instinct anyone? i this game out allready?? that games beats all new gen games
                He was a nice middle class nigga
                But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
                Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X