Hideo Kojima defends MGS: Ground Zeroes' reported two-hour length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hideo Kojima defends MGS: Ground Zeroes' reported two-hour length

Metal Gear Solid series director Hideo Kojima has issued a statement addressing concerns over the length of the coming Metal Gear Solid 5 prologue chapter, Ground Zeroes, assuring that the final product will encourage replay due to its "freedom of approach and play style."

A report from the latest issue of Game Informer pegged Ground Zeroes' campaign at around two hours in length. Kojima explains that the game's breadth of content, which includes a collection of side missions and an online-ranked trial mode, will keep players occupied long enough to justify its $40 retail price point.

"This is not a linear game like the past," the statement reads. "[Ground Zeroes] offers freedom of approach and play style, which we hope players will enjoy over and over without [becoming bored]. I believe people will be satisfied with the 'Play Time' of Ground Zeroes and not stress the 'Clear Time,' which is a standard for linear games."

Kojima Productions' Jordan Amaro backed up Kojima's statement, comparing Ground Zeroes to brief but satisfying indie experiences such as Journey and Dear Esther. "I want people to celebrate the new MGS like we used to," Amaro told GameSpot. "I'm not dismissing their concerns. But this [issue] has been trumped-up."

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will launch on March 18 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One.

it's MGS so i would even buy this game when you could finished this proloque within 30 min
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

kojima has to defend? let them assholes talk, better get that game out and take my money pls.
      [MENTION=458]Exodus 30mins? wouldnt have a problem with that also. when u break down MGS in 30mins parts, then every 30 min would be da awesumness!

even the opening sequence for every part was crazy! the white screen with the chinese letters wohoo

edit: i need to get the story first pfff so much story, have only like 80% in my memory..pfff
      He was a nice middle class nigga
      But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
      Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

I will buy this game for PS3 and PS4

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
          I will buy this game for PS3 and PS4
          u are a freak right? a MGS nerd, right? do i love it ? right !

i cant wait, dude we should open a thread about the key moments of the story, coze no real life friend is playing it and luving it like me. pffffff

and mgs story is really a hard piece.

Comment

Originally posted by chatzon View Post
            u are a freak right? a MGS nerd, right? do i love it ? right !

i cant wait, dude we should open a thread about the key moments of the story, coze no real life friend is playing it and luving it like me. pffffff

and mgs story is really a hard piece.
            same here ...no friend of mine likes MGS -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
              same here ...no friend of mine likes MGS -.-
              all i know who been playing mgs are like "yea play it through and cool game'"

and me the freak always like lol its so nice discussing the story coze its made by the tarantino of video games.

i used to have a friend back when mgs2 came out, he was a punker, a skater - he only was a pro at tony hawk -

i played with him mgs2 thorugh in one piece we ate it up literally - and he at the end, omg what a game, are we even real ? lol this game was to heavy for his mind, ok for mine too, but so cool, we had a discussion for about an hour

Comment

I don't think anyone would have a problem with the length if the game was properly priced… 30 bucks for last gen consoles is pretty steep.

I know I'm gonna find replay value in this regardless because it's Metal Gear, but man this should really cost less.
                A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
                & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
                & getting the benefits that go along with it
                Everythin that's out here for kings like us
                The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
                They don't understand is because we really from Africa
                & that's where all this stuff come from
                & we originated from kings

Comment

To be honest I dont like stuff like this, same with Grand Turismo Prologue, paying 30-40 euro for only a super small piece of the full game is disgusting and only a sneaky way to make more money.

Why not release a big free demo? Doesnt matter for me or its one of my fav game series of all time, its seriously one of the most garbage things i have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
                    To be honest I dont like stuff like this, same with Grand Turismo Prologue, paying 30-40 euro for only a super small piece of the full game is disgusting and only a sneaky way to make more money.

Why not release a big free demo? Doesnt matter for me or its one of my fav game series of all time, its seriously one of the most garbage things i have ever seen.
                    it is yea for sure, the baddest thing in gaming history besides cheap DLC´s.

but : ITS MGS mhhhh at least here we can speak about some quality. there is always a big surpise in kojima games. so i can deal with that. but at all its for sure a shitty thing.

Comment

MGS was always a favorite for me as well I solely went out and bought a Sony console just to get my hands on the game when it wasn't multi platform I don't like there sneaky move by releasing a small prologue but they will have my money for both regardless

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X