Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have graphics hit their peak on Consoles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have graphics hit their peak on Consoles?

it seems it, I have been doing some googling and found most devs are saying last gen and new gen won't be as noticeable.
    so are the days of being wowed by a next gens graphics over? not saying graphics aren't nice on consoles btw. i am not a graphics whore and very happy with what i have seen with the exception of the watch dogs downgrade.

I guess if u want graphics powerhouse u have to get a beefed up PC now.

check this..http://www.edge-online.com/features/...-old-hardware/

this is what ive been saying since day 1.... besides larger memory and faster processors.... the graphics are not much different lol..

Comment

Originally posted by SCORPION View Post
      this is what ive been saying since day 1.... besides larger memory and faster processors.... the graphics are not much different lol..
      True.. which would explain all these big titles still coming to last gen prob till what? 2016 or 17?

Comment

mh pc is at all the best of graphix, but if you look at the very exclusive games like metal gear 4-5 or uncharted or god of war, then we can say consoles are beasts too, at least they able to hit me fullface.

but then, crysis and some other games cant be beated at graphix.
        He was a nice middle class nigga
        But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
        Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Originally posted by chatzon View Post
          mh pc is at all the best of graphix, but if you look at the very exclusive games like metal gear 4-5 or uncharted or god of war, then we can say consoles are beasts too, at least they able to hit me fullface.

but then, crysis and some other games cant be beated at graphix.
          very true. pc is. which leads me to ask..do u think we are seeing the last consoles and in 10 years it will all be pc gaming...i read something about that too not sure if it's true. http://www.cnet.com/news/why-xbox-on...n-of-consoles/
          Last edited by MakaveliRize2016; 04-15-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Rose View Post
            very true. pc is. which leads me to ask..do u think we are seeing the last consoles and in 10 years it will all be pc gaming...i read something about that too not sure if it's true. http://www.cnet.com/news/why-xbox-on...n-of-consoles/
            especially there are grapic-cards which costs more than a single console.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Rose View Post
              Absolutley not.

Not everyone is going to spend a couple of grand on a gaming PC, when its more easier to pay 400 or 500 dollars on a console plug in and play.
              Love.

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                Absolutley not.

Not everyone is going to spend a couple of grand on a gaming PC, when its more easier to pay 400 or 500 dollars on a console plug in and play.
                perhaps the prices will go down? who's to tell it's 10 years away prob. a lot can happen in 10 years.

judging by graphics their not gonna get a whole lot better for consoles... so what would ps5 look like? prob not much better then ps4. it's like they have hit the peak.

maybe it will be a console still, u could be right....it's gonna be hard to sell a ps5 though or xbox 2? lol if the graphics keep up at this rate. and I play for story and gameplay but this next gen so far hasn't impressed many. did u see how much better watch dogs looks on pc?

Comment

i hope consoles will be forever...

i mean the only dangerous thing are the streaming services which are aviable in US, where u buy a little box with controller and can play all games on pc and console..with full graphics.

but consoles are just legit becous its more comfortable. a pc is certainly not.

Comment

Agreed, I would prefer consoles stick around with those beefed up pc like graphics one day.

Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada said last year that the future of gaming is not dedicated hardware, but rather services.

Comment

It will change I mean look at the difference between ps2 and ps3 just because the difference isnt as obvious from ps3 to ps4 (which I think it is, just not as big from the previous generation jump ) does not mean technology for these consoles are just at a hault. Trust me thats not the case.
                      Love.

Comment

well one thing is for sure, xbox one is is having lots of trouble right now..selling units for one, and a game of theirs just got cancelled or pushed way back. rumor is it was having technical issues. talking about amazing spiderman 2. i plan on getting an xbox one but only when more exclusives come out cuz it sounds like all this muli platform shit is watering down games in a bad way. quantum break looks good. n that's an xbox one exclusive . played all the halos but i didn't finish 4 cuz the story was boring to me...too much of a love story imo. so idk if Halo 5 will interest me.... what else does xbox one got coming for it that the superior ps4 doesn't?

Comment

pc has always been were it's at for high end graphics gaming but i personally think we are far from the peak of performance out of our next gen machines.We have progressed quite far when you compare last gen consoles which had some good graphics games from the start but both never really were never consistently pushing out great looking games all the time till basically there last 2 or more years which is when we saw that so that's 6 years for sony of improved graphics and an xbox about 4 as they released a year later.So if we add another lets say 5 years i think we are gonna see tons better stuff then what were seeing now that's just the way i look at it.The consoles won't loose there juice because services like live and PlayStation plus offer plenty of incentives for there subscriptions not to mention that not all parents would be buying there kids 1000$+ gaming pc's so that market would stay buying it would be the teenagers and adults like us that would be on the pc's perhaps that wouldn't be so bad we could get rid of all those prick kids online lol

Xboxone is not having that much trouble selling units not long ago they were in the lead with more money made on sales but playstaion had more consoles sold ms did that with the higher price point i persoanlly love my xboxone and its been working fine.They are consistently optimizing stuff and tweaking with updates which is great at least both next gen consoles are on top of that though as ps4 has been pumping them out to.

March 4, 2000 ps2

November 17, 2006 ps3

November 15, 2001 Xbox

November 22, 2005 Xbox360

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X