PS3 Crosses the 30 Million Sold Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Crosses the 30 Million Sold Mark

The latest weekly sales numbers released by VGChartz show that PS3 has sold over 1 million units this past week, bringing it's sales past the 30 million consoles sold mark, and also bringing it within 5.7 million units of passing the Xbox 360 in worldwide sales. Xbox 360 did strong in America, barely inching out PS3 by roughly 15,000 consoles, but PS3 dominated in the other territories outselling Xbox 360 by roughly 350,000 consoles. The release of Final Fantasy 13 in Japan (exclusive to PS3) definitely helped it achieve these numbers, with an insane 242,452 consoles sold last week in Japan, even beating out sales of Nintendo's Wii. Wii, however, continued to dominate all of the consoles worldwide.

This leaves only one territory where the 360 has outsold the PS3, America. PS3 now holds the title of "most sold HD console" for both the "others" (europe/rest of world) and Japan.

Source - n4g.com

This does not account for the people like me whom had to buy a 2nd and 3rd unit when our originals failed, that kinda distorts the sale numbers when you have one person buying multiple consoles, it leads people to think that there is a higher demand than what there really is.

Comment

GO PS3! For those who didn't know, I had a 360, with mw2, but it sucked so so bad. There are much more campers on there, and I just hated 360, and its ridiculous that you have to pay for the internet on it. I wanted my old ps3 back, so bought a slim with my wages and Smoka can tell you, I'm shootin people up, thug style!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cesare Borgia View Post
        This does not account for the people like me whom had to buy a 2nd and 3rd unit when our originals failed, that kinda distorts the sale numbers when you have one person buying multiple consoles, it leads people to think that there is a higher demand than what there really is.
        You could say the exact same thing for the 360, but the PS3 doesn't have failure rates anywhere near what the 360's where. Don't forget that the surge in sales was because of the new slim PS3.

At this pace, the PS3 will eventually surpass the 360 in worldwide sales.
        Waterproofing my life with Flex Tape.

Comment

I personally hate PS3. I had one and didn't use it for anything but the internet browser. I recently sold mine for 200 with 3 games and 2 controllers. It was also the 80 gb model. I loved my 360 from the day I got it. The online play is incredible.
          Make me SM bitch. .

Comment

Originally posted by SuWu View Post
            I personally hate PS3. I had one and didn't use it for anything but the internet browser. I recently sold mine for 200 with 3 games and 2 controllers. It was also the 80 gb model. I loved my 360 from the day I got it. The online play is incredible.
            then u got ripped off lol thats what happened
            Originally Posted by Crusty

other boards dropped exclusive songs and videos but nothing here from the people whom have tons of exclusive stuff?
            i`m confused

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X