Pirates claim PS3 hack success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates claim PS3 hack success

Hackers claim to have found way to play copied software on Sony’s previously impervious console

With piracy rife in the Wii, Xbox 360, DS and PSP markets, the PS3 has to date proved the only current-gen machine to successfully fend off the hackers – but it seems that things could be about to change.

According to reports on Maxconsole, a lengthy and convoluted workaround has been discovered that allows users to play pirated copies of Killzone 2, PES 2008 and Burnout Paradise.

Users are also required to have an older PS3 (i.e. not a ‘Slim’ machine) onto which third party OS software can be installed as well as copies of Windows XP, the original MotorStorm and a host of piracy-related DVD software.

The exploit, however, has been met with widespread scepticism amongst many in the hacker community, not least because of the extreme cost and effort needed to implement it.

Even if the hack is real, any detrimental effects are likely to be minimal for now. The fear, however, is that this method could be the start of full-fledged hacking of Sony’s console.

Source: maxconsole.net

if thats true, im gonna be one happy mofo lol
    F-N-F
    THE REMIX KING
    / Certified Music Critic

Comment

At least it's a start! Hope the slim one is hacked also.
      Originally posted by Makaveli92
      and Stretch looks delicious in ur Avatar (no homo)

Comment

the slim's chances of hackin r very diminute, sony removed the otherOS capability

Comment

Originally posted by Bushi View Post
          the slim's chances of hackin r very diminute, sony removed the otherOS capability
          damnit, i'll have to get a fat one then haha.

Comment

trade it for the first model, same price and shit, im sure u can find some fool that will take the slim just coz its newer.

Comment

Fuck you guys, support the games.
              Wall Of Shame:

Not enough room in sig for all the fails..

Comment

Originally posted by Rak View Post
                why? So more fat guys get more fatter? Lol they don't lose anything anyway, pirates buy more than those who dont pirate shit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4ThaHustlaz View Post
                  why? So more fat guys get more fatter? Lol they don't lose anything anyway, pirates buy more than those who dont pirate shit.
                  How would you like it if you spend your hard work and time on a game, and someone just downloaded it for free. You would be pissed.
                  If you could get money to kill people
                  You could get money to help people

Comment

Originally posted by 0ne Nation Under God View Post
                    How would you like it if you spend your hard work and time on a game, and someone just downloaded it for free. You would be pissed.

So you're telling me that you've never downloaded a song before in your life? Or download albums or movies? I bet you do. And that costs money,time,and effort to create as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                      So you're telling me that you've never downloaded a song before in your life? Or download albums or movies? I bet you do. And that costs money,time,and effort to create as well.
                      I hear you homie, true true....
                      If you could get money to kill people
                      You could get money to help people

Comment

Originally posted by Rak View Post
                        For sure, i say support them too

The game industry ain't the ones ripping us off, i see no problem paying for a game, especially when you can go and rent it for $5 to see if it's worth it before you buy it.

Comment

in all honestly I agree with those whos against pirated copy. Not that i wouldnt download it and use it but shit with all that trouble coming along with it id rather just buy it instead.

On the other hand I got the slim one, and i do not plan to trade it with the fat one at any point. In my opinion stop being cheap and buy the game and if u feel its too expensive just wait it out until it gets cheaper.

You will not gain anything if u buy the newest games as in time u will get sick and tired of it. Thats why they set the price too high at the beginning then it gets cheap as dirt in a year's time. Its called price skimming in business terms

Comment

thanks homie this is hopefully good news.

Comment

for someone who buys games a lot in a short amount of time might not want to use a lot of money
                              so it would make sense to modify it
                              even tho the person doesn't pay for it, it still gets played which is a good thing
                              Last edited by Fatal-N-Felony; 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM.
                              F-N-F
                              THE REMIX KING
                              / Certified Music Critic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X