Grand Theft Auto Drops on iPhone for $9.99! [Video Demo Inside]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto Drops on iPhone for $9.99! [Video Demo Inside]

Grand Theft Auto IV was the biggest game launch of all time (or it was until Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 hit the shelves, anyway), and now you can get an approximation of that GTA experience on your iPhone or iPod touch with Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [iTunes link].

The game is a direct port from the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP, and throwback to the top-down perspective of the first two GTA games.

It’s especially notable that the game costs $9.99. That’s a little bit steep for an iPhone game, but it’s much cheaper than the game was on the DS or PSP, where it debuted at $34.99 and $39.99, respectively. The touchscreen controls work well and the level of graphical quality lands between that of the Nintendo DS and PSP versions.

The reception has been positive so far. As we’re writing this, the game has 40 ratings and an average of 4.5 stars. App Store user Puese gave it five stars and said: “The polish on this is over the top. We have come a long way from only having snake on your phone as a game.” However, marcosrdz gave it only one star, saying that it crashes a few seconds after displaying the terms of service screen. Some players say that it lacks a few minor features of the DS version — for example, pedestrian speech has been removed, presumably to reduce the size of the download.

Our experience with Chinatown Wars has been good, too; the game runs smoothly, and while the touchscreen controls aren’t quite as comfortable as those on the DS or PSP, they’re more than good enough.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmcT8bh99HQ]YouTube - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars[/ame]

The people over at rock star need to just man the fuck up and stop fucking around with these gay ass chinatown wars and shit like that. just make a san andreas stories, san andreas wars, return to los santos...ect shit like that. those are the games i wanna play/buy.

Comment

thank you very much shiva for showimg me this! : )

i'ma buy it, i love GTA, i always loved it!!

and now it's available for my ipod, i can't believe it.....

i'll tell u my feelings later right after i played it.

Comment

Looks pretty fun, but imo fuck apple and fuck the iphone rofl

Originally posted by DJ Cvince
        These celebrities are trying to be unique and original, but instead they look bizarre and stupid.

Comment

i only played in GTA 1 on PC it was dope that one reminds me of it

Comment

I'll b sure to get this love playing this shit

Comment

The game is very cool on Iphone, I love that shit.
              KDash Makaveli / Bay Area addict addict ...

Comment

looks like they went with the old style game play with the chinatown wars

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X