Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kojima: ‘MGS2 Was Meant to be My Last Metal Gear’

We all know how that turned out.

Hideo Kojima is one of the most recognizable names in the gaming industry, and his Metal Gear series has been beloved by fans since the late 1980s. But in an interview with The Official PlayStation Magazine, his direct involvement with the series wasn’t meant to last as long as it has.

“Metal Gear Solid 2 was meant to be my last Metal Gear before I handed it off to the team, and the team did actually start working on MGS3, but unfortunately there were problems and it didn’t go well, so I was forced to come back and work on it,” he told the magazine. A similar situation unfolded with Metal Gear Solid 4.

Kojima admits that “it’s very hard to come up with the concept of a game and hand it off to other people, as of course they can’t see what’s in my head. They may not be able to understand the concept completely, or the messages that I want to convey and that’s where things went awry in the past as people couldn’t really understand what I wanted. I decided at that point that if I was going to make a game based around these ideals that I would do it myself, which is why I keep getting involved."

Metal Gear was originally released in 1987 and was written, directed and designed by Kojima himself. 1998’s Metal Gear Solid was the first game he didn’t only write, direct and design, but also produce. He held the same positions for 2001’s Metal Gear Solid 2, 2004’s Metal Gear Solid 3 and 2010‘s Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, but has since relegated himself primarily to the role of producer. The game he’s currently producing, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, is due out sometime in 2013.

he told he took the water scene (end of the tank part) out of the game because the scene was worthless ...who cares as long as the scene is fucking awesome!?
    in MGS you have to climb a ledder for 5min, so that scene wasnt worthless?

he is an mastermind but he makes many mistakes

he is the only one who can make a good MGS game!!! ...I remember when Konami did Snake's Revenge (inofficial part 2) without Kojima and the game was a disaster and crap with a totally new story ...later Kojima did the official part 2: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

We really need a new Playstation exclusive metal gear with solid Snake!

that MGS rising is looking so garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
        We really need a new Playstation exclusive metal gear with solid Snake!

that MGS rising is looking so garbage.
        I will buy MGR
        we will see MGS5 ...no doubt!
        My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
        Vinyls: 60
        Cassettes: 110
        CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X